Michelin XZL Source

atlcruiser

Supporting Sponsor
We have a few sets knocking around but I really hesitate to sell them; I think my 110 needs them :). We have a good source and can get them direct form the MoD in the UK at pretty reasonable prices but shipping is a *****. If we get enough interest to make it worthwhile we would bring some more in.

XZL or XCL in 9 x 16 in 8-9/10 condition would run about $1200 a set of 5 FOB Atlanta

If we get 5 sets ordered I will get them shipped in

Toy-Roverlander

Adventurer
That'll be fun when you wreck a tire and have to source a single replacement tire... I would rather have a tire that's more widely available.

I have been driving 4WDs on Michelin all steel radials for 42 years - Land Cruisers, F350, M37, and U500. In sizes ranging from 7.00R15 to 395/85R20, for about 5-600,000 miles.
In that period I have had about 2 minor tread punctures and only 1 major failure. The major failure was due to a shock locking up and breaking in half on my Unimog and one of the pieces ate out the inner sidewall of a tire - definitely not the tire's fault.
All the same, when I buy a rare tire I order six (6) unless I already have used spares. Six, so that a very unlikely failure will still leave me fully mobile.

Charlie

meatblanket

Adventurer
Michelin XZLs are great tires, but even great tires are subject to being destroyed every now and then. Wish I could find a used one (or two) at a reasonable price......

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
No question there, any tire can be destroyed. The idea behind the XZL is that it was stronger than nearly any tire available.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Buying a set of tires that's hard to acquire in the first place might not be the best idea if you need to replace one them from trail damage...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke