Explorer
Here are a few pics of the interior
tyzebyde.jpg
ehyhe9uh.jpg
yge2yjug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Thanks for the input, it not as much the room that's my prob but the power. The truck has enough power by its self but when I load it down with the family, camping gear and trailer with all the dirt bikes she is struggling on some of the hills. My concern with the tundra double cab is the 140" in wheel base on these tight trails we have here. What do you guys think of the 4th gen v8 4runner? The only thing I don't like is the full time 4x4.

Got a friend with one. Awesome power and surprising capability. I really thought I was gonna kill him offroad, but he kept up very well and even out climbed me in one or two rutted areas because of his ATRAC.. I drive a SWB '81 Pickup and he didn't have many problems following me through tight places. If he had the ground clearance I do stock, he would out wheel me stock vs stock. But just wait till I regear and get lockers :)

bkg

Explorer
Thanks for the input, it not as much the room that's my prob but the power. The truck has enough power by its self but when I load it down with the family, camping gear and trailer with all the dirt bikes she is struggling on some of the hills. My concern with the tundra double cab is the 140" in wheel base on these tight trails we have here. What do you guys think of the 4th gen v8 4runner? The only thing I don't like is the full time 4x4.

Thought about getting one for my wife, but the AWD turned me off. That's the only reason we stopped looking at them. An 05-07 V8 Sport was at the top of my list. Seem like nice vehicles. Could convert to part time with an FJ case, I believe, easy enough.

Benc

Explorer
Yeah, I'm guessing they did it for safety for people who don't know how to drive.

Benc

Explorer
I think it is considered a luxury item - IIRC, the Gen5 limited versions are still AWD.

I think it's more a power to weight thing, or the v6 limited would have it. I would imagine the 270 hp with the weight of the 4runner stock would be hard to keep the back wheels from spinning in wet or slick conditions. I test drove an 04 v8 a while back and they are pretty quick and that was without the vvti.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
My buddy has a 4th gen with V6 and that thing is amazing. Every time I see it I wonder why I didn't buy one.

Sent via fat thumb

p nut

butter
FT 4WD is actually pretty nice to have, especially if you live in the snow states. FT 4WD eliminates the need for switching back and forth on wet/snowy and dry pavement.

As others have said, Tacoma's are going to be tight, assuming you have 3 or more kids. 100 is the way to go, if you're looking for a big cabin with off-road capabilities. 80, 100, 200's strike a good balance for the family man.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
FT 4WD is actually pretty nice to have, especially if you live in the snow states. FT 4WD eliminates the need for switching back and forth on wet/snowy and dry pavement.

As others have said, Tacoma's are going to be tight, assuming you have 3 or more kids. 100 is the way to go, if you're looking for a big cabin with off-road capabilities. 80, 100, 200's strike a good balance for the family man.

Agreed. My friend switches in to AWD on trails until we hit the really rough stuff. Again, very nice vehicle.

Sent via fat thumb

Benc

Explorer

I do really like the 100 but I would like to have one with the vvti but they are still priced pretty high. Any of you guys have a pre 05 100 with full armor and 35 in tires, if so how is the power

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
GLWS, that is one TIDY looking DC aye. Love how cohesive your design came out from front to back with the dimple die stuff all around the truck. She's a beaut and someone will be happy/lucky to drive her home and get her out exploring again.

Cheers

Dave

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I do really like the 100 but I would like to have one with the vvti but they are still priced pretty high. Any of you guys have a pre 05 100 with full armor and 35 in tires, if so how is the power

Check http://www.ih8mud.com for 100's on 35s and anything else 80, 100 or 200 related that you can possibly think of. Don't say I didn't worn you ;)

I don't have 35s but have driven both the vvti and non. I think the biggest bang for your buck is the '03-04 with the 5spd tranny. The only downside is the HVAC integrated into the NAV screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles