Selling the double cab

Benc

Explorer
Well I have decided to sell or trade the double cab. I love the truck and the double cab was always my dream truck but with a growing family there just isn't enough room. Possibly trade for something bigger. Would like to stick with toyota so let me know what you have. Price $16,500 with the tent, awning and ridged led light bar, $14500 without

The truck has 230000 miles now and had 220000 when I bought it so the build is fairly fresh. Runs great. Timing belt and water pump done @ 225000 Everything on the truck is custom built by me. I spent a lot of time designing and building all the armor on the truck to keep it as lite and strong as possible .The only thing welded on are the sliders, the rest is all bolt on so if you don't like it you can take it off. Here is a list of some of the mods.

2 1/2" ome lift with the extra leaf
Custom air bags in the rear. Not attached at the axel end to allow full drop.
Manual hub conversion
Tundra brake upgrade
Chromoly rear axel shafts with new wheel bearings
Custom front bumper with winch and rigid industries led lights
Custom rear bumper with dual swing out
Custom rack with rtt wind deflector ( wind deflector is bolted so it can be removed)
Tepui roof top tent
Cvt 99" awning
Arb on board air
4.88 nitro gears
Front wheel wells are tubed for 35" tires. ( no rubbing with a 2 1/2" lift!) very cleanly done inside and out
35" Goodyear mtrs on procomp alloys with about 98% tread
I have a lot of time and money in this truck and the price I'm asking is about what you would pay for a stock truck so please no low ball offers
2ype5yte.jpg
y4epura9.jpg
ge4y2y5a.jpg
e9yrytat.jpg
ja9yta9u.jpg
u6a9a5ar.jpg
7edu3e9e.jpg
pa6a2eme.jpg
uby3esy3.jpg
y5yge9en.jpg
aremyrag.jpg
pe7ahuzy.jpg
ydugeren.jpg

Truck is dirty in the pics but she cleans up nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonkaman

Adventurer
I have fallowed this rig for a while and love the innovation! I'm sure someone will love to make this their new toy

GR8ADV

Explorer
Damn that is a fun looking rig! Wouldn't that look sweet parked out front. :Wow1:

You ref that this is about the price of a stock truck. Maybe I missed it, but what year is this? What were you thinking about when you talked about something bigger and something Toyota? A Tundra? or...

Thanks! and GLWS.

Benc

Explorer
Thanks guys, The truck is a 01 trd. I'm not a 100% sure what rig I'm going with next. 100 series , 80 series, 1st or 2nd gen double cab tundra, 2nd gen double cab tacoma? Let me know what you guys have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
I'm building a bumper for my buddy's 100 and I drove it a bit today. It at the top of the list right now but I'm open to others.
e8a9umu5.jpg
gyjuvehe.jpg

MojaveMadMan

Observer
Holly dimple dies Batman!!!! Haha, seriously thought, great looking truck. I hope someone picks this thing up from you at your asking price, looks like a very qulity build.

austintaco

Explorer
Your rig is one of my favorites. I always refer to it when I start thinking of how I might want to to something or redo something on mine. You should get a good price for it.

Benc

Explorer
Your rig is one of my favorites. I always refer to it when I start thinking of how I might want to to something or redo something on mine. You should get a good price for it.

Thanks, I just got the truck where I want it and now I'm selling it. I love the truck and I'm not looking forward to starting over but I guess that's how it goes with the growing family .

soonenough

Explorer
Thanks guys, The truck is a 01 trd. I'm not a 100% sure what rig I'm going with next. 100 series , 80 series, 1st or 2nd gen double cab tundra, 2nd gen double cab tacoma? Let me know what you guys have
Just my .02 since you asked (not trying to derail the thread) - if you find yourself running out of room in a 1st-gen double-cab Tacoma, my suggestion would be to look at something larger than a 2nd-gen double-cab Tacoma. I'm running into the same problem as you with my '08 DC Tacoma - growing family, not enough room. It's not impossible, but definitely a challenge for a large family to all fit in it. We're looking into getting my wife a Sequoia to use as a family hauler.

Good luck with the sale, I always loved the craftsmanship on this truck. Someone will hopefully get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

bkg

Explorer

Having owned all of the highlighted....

There's really not much room in a 2nd gen Tacoma - not enough to move up from a 1st gen... and for the price and mileage, I think a 1st Gen Tundra is a better value. The 4.7 will get as good, if not better, mileage than the 4.0 in the Tacoma. There's more room overall. Downfall is that there is limited aftermarket support and it's much bigger - but I don't see that being an issue for you. :)

Benc

Explorer
Thanks for the input, it not as much the room that's my prob but the power. The truck has enough power by its self but when I load it down with the family, camping gear and trailer with all the dirt bikes she is struggling on some of the hills. My concern with the tundra double cab is the 140" in wheel base on these tight trails we have here. What do you guys think of the 4th gen v8 4runner? The only thing I don't like is the full time 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior