'10 JK Sport : Do it right the first....I mean second time

heehawhardy

Adventurering
So I had a build thread before on here for my progress, but it didn't really do what I was trying to do justice. I didn't take my own and others knowledgeable advice on doing it right the first time. Do I have any regrets? No.

Purchased in September of 2011 it was towed behind an RV buy it's previous owners. To date I've put a tad over 50,000 miles with no complaints. Trying to cut corners, but still do it right has me where I'm at now. Currently I have the EvoMFG HD Level kit installed. I've been very happy with this lift, but with added weight and having a coil spacer in the rear not the best route. I will be keeping my Bilstein 5100's and be adding OME HD coils. Tire size will remain the same at 285/70R17.

Plan of AttackINSTALLED
Optima RedTop
Mopar Fuel Door
Daystar hood Wranglers
B&M Transmission cooler
IPF Headlights
IPF 968 Driving Lights
Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
Misch 4X4 Armrests
Rugged Ridge Cowl Covers
Thule 963 Bike Rack
Trasharoo
Sony CDXGT Radio
Alpin Type-S Speakers

Realistic ListSubject to Change
G2 Diff Covers
JCR MidWidth Front Bumper w/ Skid
JCR Crusader Sliders
BedRug Carpet Kit
IPF 900XSS (Driving/Spot)
UCF Crossmember
UCF Skid Plate
Synergy TieRod

Long Term Goal
Synergy Ball Joints
Regear tO 4.56's
Find a used Hardtop
RoofRack and RTT
Teraflex HD Hinged Carrier
Synergy Drag Link

Current SetUp
Y2I90zX.jpg

Updates will be few and far between, but hang in there and you'll see progress

Last edited:

heehawhardy

Adventurering
Yeah it's not to common to see the JK 2 door's used to get out and about. Still would love to have a mint condition low miles LJ

Septu

Explorer
Looks good. Always did like that dulled red. While I'm not sure I could go from my 4dr to a 2dr, with an RTT (thus keeping 90%+ of the bedding in the RTT while stored), it wouldn't be that hard to make it useable for longer camping trips. As long as you don't ever see yourself needing the back seat.

My only concern (and why I've stuck to the 4drs) is I'm afraid of sinking a TON of money into my JK (which I already have) only to find that my family situation has changed and I need more room. While I'm single with no kids now, I don't see that being the case forever.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
I understand 110% your concer Septu. My girlfriend has a nice economy/commuter car. Her daughter really dislikes riding in the Jeep "it's to bumpy" so it's a good situation with my 2 door.

Espo78

Adventurer
I wish Ursa Minor had something for the 2 doors. The cost of a hardtop + roof rack + RTT will come pretty close to an ursa minor top, but you need a 4 door for that to happen. I love my 2 door and don't want to start all over.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
Actually kicking the idea around of selling my JK and stepping into an older vehicle (XJ or WJ/WK) to get out of a monthly note

heehawhardy

Adventurering
Bout time to do my diff service. So instead of slapping my stock crusty factory covers back on, time to purchase some

Espo78

Adventurer
You don't need to remove the covers to change the fluid...not sure what else you are planning on doing unless you just want an excuse to upgrade :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94