Test rides complete. Went with the Multistrada.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
6ysa5uqu.jpg

The GT package is extremely complete. Came with tank guards, soft luggage for the cases, and extended wheel guards for mud/long touring (rain).

Been riding around today and couldnt be happier with the bike.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

KiwiKurt

Explorer
The hard bags have rubber seam seals and are water proof...the soft bags inside are water resistent.....

The soft bags are more of a convenience thing I think. U can pack the bag and pull it out like a duffle.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Wow, those might be the best looking riding pants I've seen. Definitely out of my riding budget, but very sharp. I had some BMW summer pants that were a bit similar, but those seem to pull it off better.

Did I read right that this is your first bike? Take plenty of time to get to know it - that thing is pretty much a race bike in DS clothing.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Thanks! The Aether gear vents really well, feels and articulates very well, and is very comfortable. The D3O armor is great for comfort/fit. I like it. Most of my riding is around town and on the road, and I feel like the Aether gear doesn't scream 'riding gear'. I can ride into town and have breakfast/lunch/coffee with the Mrs or friends and look 'normal'. And at the same time the materials and stitching they use are adventure/tour ready. I had been watching the Aether gear, and last week they ran a 20% off sale that sealed the deal for me.

It is my first bike and I'm taking it easy. I've used urban mode(limits to 100hp) mostly although touring on the highway is nice. I feel some skills from my car instruction(240+ hrs on track) carry over to keep safe(vision management, reactionary gaps etc), but the bike is a different animal, and I plan on doing a couple advanced rider/safety courses on track. Guys I ride with are all pretty mellow/responsible too, and we take it easy....and I very much recognize my novice status. I certainly don't use the engine or lean angle to its fullest by a long shot. I honestly wish bikes like this we're ordered more like cars...where larger engines were options. Had the mts come with the 848 or a 899 engine, and the 1200 was an option, I don't think I would have ticked the box. I got the mts for its feature set/completeness....if that makes sense.

I'll be doing a full suspension adjustment/tune after the break service. The mts is extremely adjustable. You can change the dampening profile (front/rear) and rear preload for each ride mode and each ride profile within that ride mode electronically from the dash, and then save it to that mode. Only front preload is 'set and forget'.

It really is an amazing machine.

Last edited:

jerdog53

Explorer
I am glad you are taking it easy and using your head and getting proper skill sets developed without getting in too deep. The motorcycle insurance industry statistics report something like 80% of all motorcycle accidents involve a single vehicle. Meaning operator error or riding outside your ability. Congratulations for stepping outside the box and not being apart to that statistics!

I have always thought that Ducati needed a mid sized Multistrada or better yet Elefant! Put that 821 power plant into a proper adventure bike with a 19" front, longer suspension travel and 5 gallons of gas….. Maybe one day. Part of the reason I purchased the Hyperstrada.

Have you seen Ugly Bro's riding gear? I have a pair of the Motorpool stained olive that I will wear around town in hooligan mode or when riding with the wife…..

01_Motorpool_Olive-510x652.jpg

They do a lot of other stuff not really looking like riding gear but protecting you proper like. ATGATT…

ugly bro's

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Ill check their stuff out! Thanks!

The 821 is a great motor. Your hyper looks great!

Last edited:

KiwiKurt

Explorer
havent ridden in a little while because of being away for work.

Did do quite a bit of riding before hand, though, and it is a fantastic bike. heading to a track day in october to get the suspension tuned/set. I'll keep you guys posted!!

Might not happen until later in the winter, but Im going to throw a set of TKC 80's on it (or at least something a little more trail biased) and hit the Mojave Road with it.

jerdog53

Explorer
No not yet, luckily the suspension reminds me to keep the speed down so I shouldn't think the wheels will ever be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz