EugeneTheTJ's 2000 XJ Build Thread

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
Yes I wish there was something produced that I liked better than this. Eventually I plan to cage this beast. Will be both internal and exo with the A, B, C, and D pillar supports going through the roof. They will then be tied together externally over the cab making a roof rack out of the cage.

Until then, however, I'll stick with the Yakima. It's really not that bad.

DaJudge

Explorer
Braved the snow and cold and got the front seats swapped today. Going to work on the rears when I have more time to mess with it since they're a lot more work.
PhotoGrid_1453586956532_zpsrrnl1grc.jpg

20160123_164230_zps3wiimvh6.jpg

I did this years ago on mine. They are sooooo much more comfortable than the XJ seats!

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
I did this years ago on mine. They are sooooo much more comfortable than the XJ seats!

Definitely. Love the Dub seats.

Did you do the rears too? Still haven't done mine as I haven't yet figured out a way to do it without severely limiting the already limited leg room in the back. I want at least stock but preferably better. I will think of something...

ibanezer

Adventurer
Definitely. Love the Dub seats.

Did you do the rears too? Still haven't done mine as I haven't yet figured out a way to do it without severely limiting the already limited leg room in the back. I want at least stock but preferably better. I will think of something...

If you figure out a way to do this and keep the the back of the rear seats level with the cargo area floor, please post it up lol.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
That's a great looking rig! I am doing the same thing right now with my first XJ and am kicking myself that I didn't catch the Jeep bug before I was 30. I have a lot of catch up to do. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles