12V Tent Fan/Light

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I've been searching around for a 12V powered fan/light for my RTT and run off of my 12V source but inside the car. The options seem extremely limited as most of the hanging tent light/fans are all battery powered and that's exactly what I don't want, or they're ones made for a vehicle that clip into an AC vent. I found the fasteners unlimited bunk light which seems perfect but it has a weird guitar chord power plug that needs an adapter and all places are very unclear on whether or not it actualy comes with that adapter or not. I also live in Canada, so it's pretty hard to find a company that will actually ship it here.

So basically, what other options do I have for a fan/light combo. Particularly one that plugs into a cig lighter and that can either be hung from the celing of the tent or clip onto one of the posts. I live in southern ontario which can be extremely humid in the summer time so proper ventilation in the RTT is going to be needed. Or any Canadians know where I can buy the fasteners unlimited bunk light with that adapter for a cig plug?

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Maybe check some of the RV accessories sites that are out there? I don't know of any in particular though.

Or maybe check with some of the companies that make the off road trailers like SoCal Teardrops, Moby1, Sierra, etc.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I also have a triple cig lighter wired up to my RTT, so a super long chord isn't a necessity. I'd also like a light/fan combo, just for simplicity sake. If I can't find that I'll probably just install some permanent LED strips and keep looking for a separate fan.

boxing kangaroo, I've read up on the Hella turbos and most reviews aren't very positive. They don't seem to last and are pretty loud. Have any issues with yours yet?

In a perfect world I'd like something exactly like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Companion-Te...ping_Hiking_Lamps_Torches&hash=item43b9bb79b1
But obviously 12V powered instead of battery powered.

sixbennetts

Adventurer
What about a good sized computer fan zip-tied to one of the tent poles? Quiet, low draw, and cheap at Best Buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior