Gen 2.5 Mitsubishi Montero 2000 - Over-landing Family Truck - long term enhancement

raysobi

Adventurer
ume6eha5.jpg

ysu4u6yd.jpg

Just curious, is this about the stock height clearance from the ground?

Originally I was going to add 2 more inches but for overlanding vehicle; I think this is actually isn't too bad I would say so.

Any comments and suggestions are always welcome.

raysobi

Adventurer
u6abajav.jpg

e8e5e6ut.jpg
5a4uqa3a.jpg

Another issue is, I really want to add RTT and I would like to park my car in the garage.

I did some eye balling with rough measurement from the garage clearance, I think I had about 8-9 inches left from rubbing the edge.

Is this even enough for the RTT? If not...Houston..we have a HUGE problem...

raysobi

Adventurer
Just did a quick check on most RTT, closed RTT needed about 12" clearance...looks like I have to fab a low flat rack.

raysobi

Adventurer
Hot day today in Houston, I waited until Sun down a bit and started to clean up the burnt up dashboard trim.

Step 1

Start digging!

gese8y3y.jpg
yru7u7aq.jpg
evahageb.jpg
udeva6ed.jpg

Step 2

Use this, I bought it from AutoZone for about 4 dollars.

a3u9a7ud.jpg

I use dry clothe and damp it all over the area

Step 3

4enutyga.jpg

Use your finger nails, this is actually your best tool.

Step 3

Clean it off with hand soap

9y8epasa.jpg

Step 4

Rub rub rub rub and dry rub scrub scrub and......Tadaaaaaa!!

Before
3ubeju8a.jpg

After
amyhuvuz.jpg

Nice and clean! Took me about 30 mins in total.

:cool:

Last edited:

raysobi

Adventurer
Got little too excited and had a mechanic buddy of mine to come and help replacing the timing belt and water pump.

Didn't take a lot of pictures because it is too damn hot but we got it done in 3 hours..holy cow..I couldn't imagine doing this myself.

yde7yver.jpg

vujupese.jpg

raysobi

Adventurer
a5aputu3.jpg

6uzaruma.jpg

ruhe6ada.jpg

7una4eqy.jpg

Hello all,

Weather strip replacement isn't my forte but I will try to manage if it will cost me arms and legs.

How much do they charge to replace these? (Just need average ballpark).

Thanks!

raysobi

Adventurer
Just ordered the Mitsu- OEM Parts for the windshield repairs.

I watched youtube video and it looks simple enough for me.

Parts:

6280291.gif

Mitsubishi Genuine Factory Part

Fits 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Base

Part Number: MR155697

Reveal molding lower
Item #3 on image

----------------------

Part Number: MR380771

Reveal molding upper
Item #1 on image

------------------

Part Number: MB645737

Reveal molding side Left
Item #2 on image

-------------------------

Part Number: MB645738

Reveal molding side Right
Item #2 on image

Total is about $73.00 USD shipping included. I guess that is a good deal?

However, I can not find the part# for the side reveal molding for front driver and rear passenger side.

jlocster

Explorer
The window surround moulding is easily removable with a plastic trim removal tool. The moulding itself is attached with plastic clips that connect the moulding to the body. There are five or so behind the side pieces and 8-10 behind the top piece. Chances are the clips will be brittle from age and many will break when the trim is removed, so plan on finding some replacements.

I think $73 is a fair price for new trim, I payed about $30 for junkyard trim.

Good luck.

raysobi

Adventurer
The window surround moulding is easily removable with a plastic trim removal tool. The moulding itself is attached with plastic clips that connect the moulding to the body. There are five or so behind the side pieces and 8-10 behind the top piece. Chances are the clips will be brittle from age and many will break when the trim is removed, so plan on finding some replacements.

I think $73 is a fair price for new trim, I payed about $30 for junkyard trim.

Good luck.
Thanks J, I will make sure to get a plastic clip as well.

raysobi

Adventurer
Stock Radio Code Recovery,

When the battery was pulled during timing belt maintenance, my radio got reset and the security code was no where to be found in the Mitsu-user manual.

So I called the Mitsubishi dealership for a solution, he told me that it will cost me 50 dollars for labor because they have to remove a radio and look for the serial number...so I asked them again, what if I was able to provide the serial number and model number, will that be ok?

The guy over the phone told me yes that is fine, but we will charge you 10 dollars for convenient fees. So I asked the guy again, what is convenient fees? and he replied, "For looking up for the security code on the computer".

So I politely told him that I will think about it and will call him back if I change my mind.

SOoooo it took me about 15 minutes to remove my radio, and this is how you recover your security code:

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/support/radio-code

Cost: $0 dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier