Camper Stand

>>>---WW---->

I'm looking for some good ideas for a stand for my camper when I unload it so there isn't so much stress on the jacks. I keep my camper inside a machine barn with a dirt floor. It would be nice to see some photos if you have them. Thanks in advance.

subterran

Adventurer
Hi.
Here is what I use when my camper is on the jacks and I want to get in (mostly storage, but maybe get in and grab a few things - pop up to air out, etc. If I were going to camp in it, I would use 1 or 2 more. Longer term, the plywood X, or storing on a trailer (easy to move it around) might work for you.

These are those "Universal Cargo Control" ratcheting bars that you can get for your pickup truck. I have found it to be more than strong enough.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Last edited:

dddonkey

Adventurer
My parents neighbor has a big steel table on wheels that he rolls under his slide-in camper when not in the truck. I believe he has used it for the last couple he has owned, it has pretty big castors on it to hold the weight.

Freebird

Adventurer
I have seen two 55 gal drums on end used for a quick and dirty support. If your going to be going into it while stored, a solid 3/4" sheet of plywood between the bottom of the camper and the drum heads might be in order?
Might be taller than you like, so maybe (4?) of the smaller 30 gal size might work if you have an easy source.....
Obviously not everyone has a good source handy, but in a some of the smaller farming communities, these things accumulate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94