Tow Vehicle Recommendations

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Welll...

I guess it all comes down to what you want to do and where you want to go.
For an instance My 4 cyl 4x4 reg cab taco could pull that trailer no problem. Would I be winning races? No.
I pulled roughly 3000 lbs from Salt lake city utah to Sandpoint Idaho. Lots of mountains lots of miles truck didnt miss a beat. Having a manual is nice if you do not have trailer breaks. My truck is rated to pull 3500 lbs the biggest limition I have found is not how many HP you are making but more along the lines of can you stop it ? and can the suspension handle it.
Would a cummins rip up those mountain passes passing me at 75 sure but you have to ask you self how often are you really going to tow this thing around ?

I think a tacoma that is rated to pull over 6 k would be just fine for your needs but at the end of the day it is your money, I would love to have a dodge cummins but Just cant justify it.
As for me my little 4 cyl hauled 2500 pounds of wood out of the mountains just fine today between the bed and the trailer ( 1 cord ) and the great part was that I was able to get back to a great stand of trees because no one else wanted to get back there with their full size trucks on the account of the trail size.
Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier