Slide in to suit dual cab 2500HD

motas

Adventurer
Hey everyone. Dad is looking around at slide in campers and considering getting one shipped over from the states to australia. He has an imported chev silverado 2500hd (09 I think) so need it to suit that. looking for some recomendations as its obviously hard to look around. Requirements are an indoor shower and toilet, full hardside and must leave access to the tow hitch as we tow a race car with it a lot of the time. this will not get used for severe offroad travel. they want to go into a few national parks and such but mainly onroad travel and towing. ideally he would like to mount a vespa to it as well. budget is not hugely important he wants something quality but obviously not excessive.
cheers for any recomendations.

Maninga

Adventurer
If you're looking at importing from the US and budgets not too much of a concern, take a look at the V1 xpcamper. They're really nice!
Locally, trailblazer (based in Braeside), Penguin Composites (out of Tasmania) and Wombat in Horsham are all places I'd consider buying from. Penguin and Wombat I found really easy to talk to about customising for needs, all have internal shower models available.

Goober

Adventurer
Is the truck long bed or short bed? I have a 2007 dual cab 2500HD with the 6'5" bed and haven't seen any campers for this bed length that have indoor shower and toilet that doesn't overhang 1-1/2'.

motas

Adventurer
thanks for the replies. I think his changed his mind anyway! There are truck campers in australia but the big US trucks are not common and in my opinion the australian truck campers tend to be less luxury. But I havent looked extensively in either market. Nothing suits my personal needs so I am going custom. The truck I believe is a short bed and I think thats what changed his mind because we have to be able to tow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles