OME BP-51 Suspension coming 2015

76 series LC

Had a set fitted to my LC recently, rides like a rippa ( smooth as silk) totally better drive than before hope they become available for all you guys soon, well worth the wait I reckon

Dr. Cornwallis

Adventurer
At $2600 they're pretty proud of those. OME makes good stuff, I guess it's just my logic that if I'm going to spend $2700 on coulovers/shocks then I'd be going with King. I was hoping that these would come in closer to the sub 2k price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slooowr6

Explorer
At $2600 they're pretty proud of those. OME makes good stuff, I guess it's just my logic that if I'm going to spend $2700 on coulovers/shocks then I'd be going with King. I was hoping that these would come in closer to the sub 2k price point.

For Tacoma, King does not off a OEM replacement internal by-pass shock.

Naptown

Observer

At a sub $3,000 price point, they're a real value. After much research and comparison in capability and price, I purchased and installed them on my FJ. There's nothing else on the market comparable for the price.

camodog

Adventurer
I ordered mine today. BP-51 with SPC UCAs.
Ordered from Toytec, install will be at RSG in Denver.
I am super excited and will post plenty of pics in the coming days.

camodog

Adventurer
IMG_0240.jpgimage.jpgFed ex delivered this morning. Less than 24 hrs. Although I do live in Denver.
Notice the free gift from Toytec

I can't wait until Tuesday

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
At a sub $3,000 price point, they're a real value. After much research and comparison in capability and price, I purchased and installed them on my FJ. There's nothing else on the market comparable for the price.
What is the improvement over FOX or King with bypass? BP-51 appear to have more external adjustability, but just wondering why they think they should be positioned at the same high level as the established dudes. FWIW, I run non-reservoir FOX IFP 2.5 coil overs (although Dakar leaf springs and on my old truck a complete OME torsion bar IFP suspension) so I'm also not a disinterested observer and realize OME makes a solid product.

CabinCruiser

I got mine on a few weeks ago along with SPC UCAs. After hammering on it last weekend and getting the suspension to settle, I'd like to know if anyone knows how many turns per inch to adjust these for height increase. ARB claims they should only be done by a qualified individual. I own my shop and have been doing suspensions for years, but the thread count is different from what I've seen on ToyTecs and Icons. Have any of you adjusted your coilovers for height yet?

0417170734.jpg0417170735.jpg0417170735a.jpg0417170735b.jpg2017-04-23 021 - Copy.JPG0420171752a.jpg0426171044.jpg0426171044a.jpg

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
I got mine on a few weeks ago along with SPC UCAs. After hammering on it last weekend and getting the suspension to settle, I'd like to know if anyone knows how many turns per inch to adjust these for height increase. ARB claims they should only be done by a qualified individual. I own my shop and have been doing suspensions for years, but the thread count is different from what I've seen on ToyTecs and Icons. Have any of you adjusted your coilovers for height yet?
What's up with your rear shock guards? They're supposed to guard the shaft, not the body =p

That said, preload needed for a certain amount of lift is dependent on how much weight you're running on the spring you're loading.

Thankfully the spring rate is linear (600lb/in if I remember correctly) so you should be able to fairly easily calculate how much preload you need to reach your desired height. Especially since you've already go them installed and (hopefully) calculated how much lift you're gaining with your current setup.

So if you are at 20mm and getting 2" of lift you could figure you are getting .1" of lift per mm of preload. So, if you wanted an extra 1" of lift you would need an extra 10mm of preload.

In my case, I am at 10mm and getting just over 3" of lift. .3"/mm I plan to decrease my preload by 3mm in order to bring me down closer to 2".

CabinCruiser

What's up with your rear shock guards? They're supposed to guard the shaft, not the body =p

That said, preload needed for a certain amount of lift is dependent on how much weight you're running on the spring you're loading.

Thankfully the spring rate is linear (600lb/in if I remember correctly) so you should be able to fairly easily calculate how much preload you need to reach your desired height. Especially since you've already go them installed and (hopefully) calculated how much lift you're gaining with your current setup.

So if you are at 20mm and getting 2" of lift you could figure you are getting .1" of lift per mm of preload. So, if you wanted an extra 1" of lift you would need an extra 10mm of preload.

In my case, I am at 10mm and getting just over 3" of lift. .3"/mm I plan to decrease my preload by 3mm in order to bring me down closer to 2".
Man I just found this reply, only a year later. Oops! The shock guards that came with the shocks don't fit them, so for some reason my kid decided to put them up there. :rolleyes: I still haven't adjusted these but will be doing so pretty soon, as the new 35s are sitting on my warehouse floor. I've had 2 trips to Montana since I posted that and otherwise, the FJ has just been sitting in the garage. I'm going to start with 3 full turns on each side and then see where it's sitting. I think your right on the 600 lb/in coils. I'd have to go back to the data sheet and see but I'm pretty sure I got the medium rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke