OME BP-51 Suspension coming 2015

Box Rocket

I gotta say this looks really exciting to me. I'm a huge fan of OME suspension and these fully adjustable bypass shocks and coilovers look fantastic! I haven't confirmed that they will be coming to the US but I can't imagine that they won't. I'll be anxiously waiting so I can upgrade my Tacoma suspension.

http://youtu.be/DxfOlbRNpbM

mouse007

Explorer
U.S. For Sure...!!!

:Wow1: They truly are amazing...!!! ARB/OME is quality. I'm sure they will be available in the states.

Box Rocket

Yes I got confirmation from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters that they will be available stateside next year.

blkhwk

Observer
WOW! I've been going back and forth about swapping out my OME for another brand lift with resi's on my FJ. If price is right this will make my decision easier!:wings:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Those look great...hopefully there is a wide range of availability in the future.

nater

Adventurer
They quoted the price at 850 for coilovers (I assume each), 550 for shocks (again, assume each), vehicle fitment kits extra... Hmmmmm...

theBostonianX

Adventurer
Hmmm, 850 each is like what you pay for Kings, I'm thinking $850 for the pair without springs, but that just another man's assumption

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Spec sheet

I think someone has done their homework. One of the few companies that will be building remote resi coil overs in house:)
4 years of development.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
RACE TECHNOLOGY FOR EVERY DAY APPLICATIONS
BP-51 (Bypass 51mm diameter bore) shock absorbers feature revolutionary, patent pending technology developed to deliver unparalleled on and off road performance for your 4x4.
Developed and extensively tested under the harshest conditions in Australia, these big bore, position sensitive bypass shock absorbers with remote reservoir are designed to bolt onto your vehicle without any vehicle modifications and combine considerable ride comfort around town with significant amounts of end-zone damping for exceptional chassis control and handling off road.
Both rebound and compression damping are easily adjustable, resulting in significant changes to the ride performance of your vehicle, enabling a custom tune to suit the conditions and vehicle set up.
The body, reservoir and components are all made from 6061 T6 aluminum, Type 3 40 micron hard anodized ensuring exceptional heat dissipation, corrosion resistance and resistance to stone damage.
Not only is the BP-51 shock designed, developed and tested entirely by ARB’s team of Old Man Emu ride engineers, all BP-51 shock absorbers are manufactured in-house by ARB. Significant investment has been made in state of the art machinery and hard anodizing equipment, allowing ARB total control of the manufacturing process and ensuring the highest possible quality.
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
The OME engineers were tasked with a challenge to design a high performance shock absorber for the modern day vehicle. Independent front suspension designs create unique challenges, as they have limited travel and space restrictions to what can be fit within a coil over strut package.
With traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers, achieving exceptional ride quality and the balance between comfort and control tuning requires a compromise with either a slightly firmer controlled set up or softer comfort orientated result.
Bypass technology exists to overcome some of these ride quality challenges. However, a new challenge presents itself as traditional multiple bypass tube products simply won’t fit in the confined space of a independent front suspension or many rear shock absorber locations.
Other areas that had to be considered in development were corrosion, heat dissipation, durability and adjustability for individual ride preferences or vehicle loading scenarios. It was also imperative that the end product easily bolts into a vehicle without modifications to the actual vehicle.
After 4 years of extensive design, development and testing the challenge has been met and it is called the Old Man Emu BP-51 High Performance Bypass Shock Absorber.
FEATURES:

KIDNEY BYPASS PORTS & 51MM BORE DIAMETER:
• Large bore size (51mm, 2.0 inch) & bypass diameter
• Greater oil volume
• More tunable, ability to generate force
INTERNAL BYPASS, SHIM CONTROLLED, POSITION SENSITIVE DAMPING
• Provides comfort at ride height
• Damping increases as you get closer to the end zone
• Increased control at end zones
• Patent pending

EXTERNAL COMPRESSION AND
REBOUND ADJUSTMENT:
• Independent adjustment of compression and rebound
• Adjustable while installed on the vehicle
• Ultra wide range to suit ride preferences
VEHICLE SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS:
• No fitting modifications required
• Fit kits included

BODY/RESERVOIR/COMPONENTS 6061 T6 ALUMINIUM:
• Heat dissipation
• Corrosion resistance
TYPE 3 40 MICRON HARD ANODIZED FINISH:
• Corrosion resistance
• Abrasion resistance to stone damage

DASH 6 HIGH TEMPERATURE TEFLON HOSE WITH HIGH FLOW FITTINGS:
• No restriction of oil flow
LARGE TEFLON LINED SPHERICAL BEARINGS:
• Durability

NOTE: Coil over applications only

ADJUSTABLE SPRING PRELOAD / RIDE HEIGHT:
• Cater for varying loads
NOTE: Coil over applications only
HIGH PRESSURE NITROGEN RESERVOIR WITH ALUMINIUM, ANODIZED FLOATING PISTON:
• Increased oil volume
• Maximise travel

IMPACT RESISTANT, REPLACEABLE SHAFT GUARD:
• Protects against stone damage
19MM HARD CHROMED GROUND SHAFT:
• Low friction
• Strength
ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
QUALITY OVERSIZED RUBBER BUSHINGS:
• Durability

100% RE-BUILDABLE AND RE-VALVEABLE:
• Longevity
• Tunability
HIGH TEMPERATURE VITON AND TEFLON SEAL PACK:
• Durability of seals
HIGH PERFORMANCE, HIGH VISCOSITY INDEX OIL:
• Durability and consistency of performance
51 MM BORE DIAMETER:
• Greater oil volume
• More tunable, ability to generate more force
1900MPA POLISHED, HIGH STRENGTH, HIGH FATIGUE SHIMS:
• Durability
• Strength
3 YEAR / 60000 KM WARRANTY

Applications: To be announced

Last edited:

carbon60

Explorer
I have very little understanding of suspension systems, other than that OME Nitrocharger Sports made my 80-series handle much better, what is the advantage of these?

There is a 4th gen 4Runner in my future, so I'm building up the knowledge bank. :)

Thanks,

A.

blkhwk

Observer
I have very little understanding of suspension systems, other than that OME Nitrocharger Sports made my 80-series handle much better, what is the advantage of these?

There is a 4th gen 4Runner in my future, so I'm building up the knowledge bank. :)

Thanks,

A.

Adjustable coilovers with reservoir attached. The resi helps cool down the coilover during long trail runs.

I ran OME on the white rim trail in utah a couple of months ago and although my rig rode good, I wanted something that could soften the ride while running somewhat flat surfaces of the trail without bouncing hard.

carbon60

Explorer
So, it might be worth the upgrade for me since I often run long distances at 80 kph/50 mph on unmaintained roads. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94