CodyY

Explorer
79c177821dedd7a469054a6d659d5d1b.jpg

c0e3be3cf953e29673b71bc6efc012f0.jpg

:cool:

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Do I think rigid is over priced? Yes
But you are paying for a lot more than just the name! Like I said I have both and there is a huge difference in quality from rigid and the Chinese lights. I'm not sure if you have ever seen them side by side but the quality difference is clear, not only on the outside but I have pulled both apart and the circuit board and solders in the rigid were top notch as with the Chinese one looked very cheep and some of the solders were not so good. Also the optics are much nicer on the rigidView attachment 247059 Chinese View attachment 247060 rigid

That is funny because the Rigid boards are not assembled in the US either.
I under stand you not wanting to pay that much but to say all you are paying for is the name is just not true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Rigid to tell you where their boards are assembled.

Benc

Explorer
Get Rigid to tell you where their boards are assembled.

I really don't care where they are assembled. All I am saying is there is more to it than just the name. Again this is coming from someone that has both and has seen and installed several light bars. If you don't want to spend the money then don't, I'm not trying to talk any one into buying rigid but there is no need to talk down about a company because you think they are over priced. Also when I bought my rigid about 3 or 4 years ago before led was so popular
The Chinese bars were still about $400 so the price differences was not worth the $200 savings to me. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. That being said there was no way I was going to spend $2000 on a light so I got the 50" off eBay. The first one they sent me, only about 10 of the LEDs worked so I had to send it back. The new one they sent worked but I had to go through and tighten up all the bolts in the front. It seams to work good now and for $250 the quality is a lot better than I expected!

Benc

Explorer
I am most likely going with a 30" bar from Trail Worthy Fab

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Trail-Worthy-Fab-30-LED-Light-Bar.html

13800 Lumens
. Power: 180W
. Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
. Waterproof rate: IP 67
. 60 individual 3w high intensity CREE LEDs
. Current draw 16A @ 12V,8A @ 24V
. Color: Black
. Color Temperature: 6000K
. Material: Die-cast aluminum housing
. Lens material: Lexan
. Mounting Bracket: Aluminum bracket
. Beam: Combo(30 degree spot middle. 60 degree flood outsides)
. 50000 hours above life time

I will wire it up with a wireless kit from Snevey Offroad

That light is the exact same one you can get off eBay for $159. The only difference is trail worthy fab is putting there name on it. And I know you don't like paying for a name haha. In all seriousness, have you looked on eBay yet? There are some pretty good deals on there. There are a lot of Chinese sellers with USA stock. The shipping is quick and free most of the time and you don't have to pay for the middle man

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I really don't care where they are assembled. All I am saying is there is more to it than just the name. Again this is coming from someone that has both and has seen and installed several light bars. If you don't want to spend the money then don't, I'm not trying to talk any one into buying rigid but there is no need to talk down about a company because you think they are over priced. Also when I bought my rigid about 3 or 4 years ago before led was so popular
The Chinese bars were still about $400 so the price differences was not worth the $200 savings to me. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. That being said there was no way I was going to spend $2000 on a light so I got the 50" off eBay. The first one they sent me, only about 10 of the LEDs worked so I had to send it back. The new one they sent worked but I had to go through and tighten up all the bolts in the front. It seams to work good now and for $250 the quality is a lot better than I expected!

Welcome to the internet. There will always be a market and use for cheap knock off products and those that defend them. There will always be a decerning buyer like a racer that must have the best but they are the minority. I used to sell a wonderful Yamaha engine configured to go into Rokon 2x2 motorcycles. Once the internet figured out a wimpy Harbor freight Predator motor would fit my Yamaha was deemed an over priced motor with out merit. Those motors were not even a close second to mine especially after time. The China Led lights compared to the Ridgid are the same. For grand pop or a wannabe weekend warrior the cheap stuff is fun. For those of us experienced at beating our rigs miles into the wilderness then only the best will do.

Boost Creep

Adventurer
i totally agree. not trying to bash bd by any means. i don't think there is any light bar company thats 100% us sourced and built.

NODNARB

Observer
i totally agree. not trying to bash bd by any means. i don't think there is any light bar company thats 100% us sourced and built.
Yeah, especially if they're including raw materials like the aluminum for the housing and endcaps. I do know the machine work is done here in the USA.

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
52" ebay special ($>200). I've had it installed for about 4-5 months now. Works well and has held up well in rain etc.

IMAG0847.jpgIMAG0850.jpg

Low beams, and low beams w/52"

IMAG0841.jpgIMAG0842.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0838.jpg
    IMAG0838.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0851.jpg
    IMAG0851.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 73

4x4junkie

Explorer
Are the LED bars really able to transfer light that well to the ground, not only close up but far down the road?

I am most likely going with a 30" bar from Trail Worthy Fab

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Trail-Worthy-Fab-30-LED-Light-Bar.html

13800 Lumens
. Power: 180W
. Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
. Waterproof rate: IP 67
. 60 individual 3w high intensity CREE LEDs
. Current draw 16A @ 12V,8A @ 24V
. Color: Black
. Color Temperature: 6000K
. Material: Die-cast aluminum housing
. Lens material: Lexan
. Mounting Bracket: Aluminum bracket
. Beam: Combo(30 degree spot middle. 60 degree flood outsides)
. 50000 hours above life time

I will wire it up with a wireless kit from Snevey Offroad

I would not expect to see much distance with LED light of that CCT (mostly it'll produce blastingly bright light up close).

Baja Designs uses 5000K emitters, but better seems to be in the 3500-4000K range, given the spectral limitations inherent in phosphor-based LED technology. I've yet to see any bars or lights using LED emitters in that range (maybe someone here has some pull with a bar manufacturer? ... If so, you got your first customer right here :) ).

Otherwise, when it comes to piercing the distant darkness, good quality halogen or HID lights still reign king.

Stevemc181

Observer
Soye 46" Single Row Led Lighbar 400watt, (40x 10watt Cree)

The pics below were when I first fitted it, it's now been adjusted up slightly, this thing puts out an insane amount of light, certainly more than I'll ever need.

Factory High Beam Only,

Higbeam + Lightbar

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
My advice is mount them as high as possible. I have a 20" combo China bar on the top of my prerunner bumper (about 48" high) it is a great flood light, but I find it very hard on my eyes when doing highway speed. I much prefer my hella 700s when driving at 70mph on 2 lane highways. The LED bar is killer in the woods or tight areas.

As to the height, I put a pair of ridgid dually spots in my lower grill and they were pretty underwhelming. I moved them up to the too of my bumper, and they are sweet. Now they are on the A-pillars on my jeep.

The pair of Rigid spots are much better as all around "driving" lights than the 20" combo. The light color is better, and they don't glare off everything in the foreground.

Also, the tiny china bars are junk for "driving". I put a 14" on the jeep and it's just a flood light. Now it's a killer reverse light on my work truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke