DMSKI's 2006 Xterra

Dmski

Adventurer
Great post - very informative.
I'm about to go though the same process. The racket is wearing on my nerves. I put the OME HD leaf packs on my Frontier a couple years ago using the OME poly bushings and greasable shackles. That may have been a bit of an overkill. I notice you have the stock rubber bushings. I think I'm going back to those as well. and maybe even stock shackles.
It might be worth a shot, but I haven't found a fool proof way to fully silence them. It's a shame because I really do like how they ride, but it sounds like I'm driving a sherman tank down the road sometimes.

Dmski

Adventurer
Another update, I’ve finally bit the bullet after my bushings wore out in the leaf springs and simply bought some new leafs. I went with Alldogs Offroad Broverland leafs because they have the only eyelet setup with bushings that aren’t polyurethane and looked stout with the right weight and height for my application. Install was easy, and with 3 degree shims and riding on prg middle shackle hole the truck feels quiet, smooth and compliant. No more driveline vibes, no more squeals. It feels like a new truck. While I was in there I swapped the brake pads and did a few other easy items while I had access.
Some pics:
ssYZ83I.jpg

Oh yeah, had a baby:p
Zgnb95w.jpg

Dmski

Adventurer
Nice! I've heard a lot of good things about their lead springs so I hope they hold up well for you!
So far so good, I guess time will tell but it's a better design all around for reducing/eliminating squeaks. Good customer service too and nice to see another manufacturer support the nissan crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online