Four Wheel Camper - A Review

ripperj

Explorer
I read this thread beginning to end and had a FWC sitting on back of my truck 6 months later. It is absolutely everything I hoped it would be. I like to sit in it and drink beer when I am not using it to plot and plan my next adventure.

I sit in my Alaskan (unfinished) in the garage and drink a beer while day dreaming:)

XJINTX

Explorer
Now the hard part... my Hawk is being built.... expected delivery 9 November... hope I get it early ;) I already have trip planned to break it in ;)

brian90744

American Trekker
Would be nice to see if KC still has the FWC and how well it's still holding up!

If you used PhotoBucket there's a good chance files are inaccessible unless you pay for their $400.premium service. I have heard bad things about PB. I think it time for the site monitors to stop accepting PhotoBucket pic???

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Will a 6ft FWC fit into a 5ft bed with tailgate down?
Not a good idea?
Thanks
Meaning as in a Tacoma doublecab shortbed with a Finch/Fleet? It happens a lot but with the tailgate removed. No reason you couldn't leave the tailgate on. I have a finch in a 6' bed and can close my tailgate. Some owners are against having the tailgate due to the angle which entering the camper is optimum. I like my tailgate though. I have a porch to leave items on such as shoes, water, and other misc stuff.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Using the camper for a bumper can't be healthy.
Small cars will probably go under the tailgate but tall trucks,suv's are gonna make a direct hit.

LosAngeles

Small cars will probably go under the tailgate but tall trucks,suv's are gonna make a direct hit.

so that makes me wonder... what are people using (especially in CA) for insurance for their pop up?

and does any insurance company offer 100% replacement value (minus deductable, of course) and NOT depreciated value....?

thanks.

makalutoo

so that makes me wonder... what are people using (especially in CA) for insurance for their pop up?

and does any insurance company offer 100% replacement value (minus deductable, of course) and NOT depreciated value....?

thanks.
I just got an insurance quote for my soon to be new fleet shell. Geico did the quote for 17k cost. $1000 deductible was 79 for 6 months. $500 was $91 for 6mo. I don't know about replacement cost but that is a question that I am going to ask. Thanks for bringing it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles