Ducati Scrambler: Adventure Redefined

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'm in, too. I'm thinking I'd want the Classic with the wire wheels and old-school rear fender.

ducati scrambler.jpg.

Here's hoping it comes out relatively glitch-free.

squeezer

Adventurer
I'm in, too. I'm thinking I'd want the Classic with the wire wheels and old-school rear fender.

View attachment 249769.

Here's hoping it comes out relatively glitch-free.

Mike,

First in line when you want to sell it!!!

First new bike in a LONG time that is even remotely interesting as an addition to the quiver of bikes that occupy the garage.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the link. Now for the brief, and rhetorical, thread hijack.

So . . . many of you probably had your Scrambler video preceded by a Harley ad that has cool guys on the rumbly tourers showing how their integrated GPS system and their love of the open road combine to send them off on the twisty roads to . . . Juneau, AK?! From a near infinite number of places to ride, who thought up this truly bizarre choice of example destination?

You can't ride to Juneau. It's got city streets, and a road north to Echo Cove, and a road to Douglas Island, and a road to the south for a few miles, but they all dead end about 1500 miles from the deserty landscape the dudes are riding in when their wanderlust hits. They could load their bikes on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry, but somehow, a multiday sea cruise doesn't seem like the essence of V-Twin motorcycle touring, especially when you're going to a place where you'd be hard pressed to ride 100 miles before loading the bikes back on the ferry.

I'm getting crotchety in my old age, I'm sure, but you'd think Harley could do better, especially given that H-D's Milwaukee corporate headquarters are on, yep, West Juneau Avenue. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Harley has become purely a lifestyle company. It is not surprising that the "adventure" they tried to promote with HD motorcycles made no sense. The video is as hollow as their products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles