Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: "Bruce" the 2014 Jeep JKUR Build Thread

Had my HL mounted inside but got tired of the rattle. No matter what combo of handle isolator, quick fist, bungees etc it still made noise. Found an aev mount on CL for $125 and it was worth every dime. Btw, amazing pics. That pic of the bloom - damn!
    2017 Camping trailer (overpriced beer transportation device)
    2016 JKUR
    2015 JKUR

So cool to see you getting the chance to put your rig through the paces.
    You've done an excellent job to build a very usable vehicle.

In thinking back between your Land Cruiser and the Jeep, what do you miss and what are you glad for?

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post

In thinking back between your Land Cruiser and the Jeep, what do you miss and what are you glad for?
    It's funny you mention that because I was just scrolling through pics and was thinking the same thing! Klaus - do you ever miss the additional interior room of the LC? Have you ever considering something like a Tacoma? I am spoiled now I have the best of both worlds - an older 200 for a DD and a Tacoma with AT Habitat for exploring. I liked my JKUR, but I love the 200!

Awesome Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
    It's funny you mention that because I was just scrolling through pics and was thinking the same thing! Klaus - do you ever miss the additional interior room of the LC? Have you ever considering something like a Tacoma? I am spoiled now I have the best of both worlds - an older 200 for a DD and a Tacoma with AT Habitat for exploring. I liked my JKUR, but I love the 200!
    I miss being able to fold the seats down and having enough room for two people to lay down. I miss being able to sit on the tailgate. And I miss being able to open the sunroof and rear windows while driving. And I miss being active on Ih8mud. But that's about it. The Jeep is a lot more fun. It goes places my 100 never would. And it's way less dramatic to drive off road. My 100 never handled well. So the Jeep's sketchy highway manner don't even really bother me.

The Jeep's just a very different experience. It feels much more like driving in nature instead of driving through it.

As overlanding keeps getting more popular, I find myself doing more mountain rock crawling to recapture that feeling of being alone in then middle of nowhere. To that end, I want to switch to 37s, regear to 4.88, install rear corner guards and upgrade my power steering. But I need to decide if I'm keeping the JK or getting a JL first.

Quote Originally Posted by WranglerWideJKU View Post
    Awesome Jeep!
    Thank you! I'm watching resale values and car loan interest rates. Trying to decide if I'm going to buy a Turbo Diesel JLUR this year or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KlausVanWinkle View Post
    As overlanding keeps getting more popular, I find myself doing more mountain rock crawling to recapture that feeling of being alone in then middle of nowhere. To that end, I want to switch to 37s, regear to 4.88, install rear corner guards and upgrade my power steering. But I need to decide if I'm keeping the JK or getting a JL first.

Thank you! I'm watching resale values and car loan interest rates. Trying to decide if I'm going to buy a Turbo Diesel JLUR this year or not.
    Agreed. To get back and away either takes more time, which always works, or if time is short, you need to be able to go where most can't. We did a 2016 JKUR with 37s and 4.88s in large part for that reason. We're very happy with it. Haven't upgraded the power steering. I'm watching that to see if it's needed long term. A friend has 50,000+ miles on his 2012 JKUR on 37s with stock steering and hasn't had any problems. He wheels pretty hard though and has bent several rear axle flanges.

The JL looks kinda nice. Some aftermarket stuff will take a little time before it's ready to go for the JLs though.

Quote Originally Posted by No Ma View Post
    Agreed. To get back and away either takes more time, which always works, or if time is short, you need to be able to go where most can't. We did a 2016 JKUR with 37s and 4.88s in large part for that reason. We're very happy with it. Haven't upgraded the power steering. I'm watching that to see if it's needed long term. A friend has 50,000+ miles on his 2012 JKUR on 37s with stock steering and hasn't had any problems. He wheels pretty hard though and has bent several rear axle flanges.

The JL looks kinda nice. Some aftermarket stuff will take a little time before it's ready to go for the JLs though.
    Totally. I haven't been getting out as much recently. And part of the reason is that everywhere we used to go seems packed now. I can't believe that every campsite at the end of Monache Meadow was taken the last weekend of October when it was 15F outside.

I have 34k miles, probably half of that are with 35s. My power steering fluid seems to boil over on more technical trails. I assume that turning a 35 and 37 isn't much different since they have almost the same weight and contact patch. Full hydro seems like overkill for a daily driver and light (BFG KO2) 37s.

I like a lot of the improvements on the JL. Especially that extra two inches behind the front seats. I can finally sleep back there. I'm bummed about the price increase. A turbo diesel seems like it'll be $50,000 easy. And I can't believe they added all the electronic safety devices but didn't add forward emergency braking. For years, I've been writing ads for $23,000 Nissans that have it. That's the only safety nanny I wish I had with all the stop and go driving in LA. I like that a lot of the aftermarket parts I added are now standard or optional like the 4 aux switches, side airbags, LED headlights, grab handles, big brake kit, retractable headrests, etc.

I also don't love the new front fenders. They look goofy being that much higher than the rear and dwarfing decent sized tires.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081