Rugged Electric Coffe Pot Reccomendations

I am looking for a rugged electric and compact coffee pot for my Tear Drop. I am not a big fan of instant coffee and I have 110 power available. Would like it be fairly rugged as it will be stored in the back of an offroad teardop. No Glass. A stainless steel carafe would be good. I think a 4 cup model would be fine. A timer would be nice but not a requirement. I can prep it before hitting the bed and have fresh hot coffee in the morning.

So any recommendations?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Not a fan of top loading coffee makers. Damned near impossible to clean the water reservoir. Not sure what they use in the Earthroamer, but I've noticed that it has a stainless carafe and a pull out water container.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I don't even know if they still sell this one-

"Field and Stream" 12VDC-4 cup and I've used it for years/w my trailer-

Model KC-100CG from MVS-ANEX--I-888-776-6758

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

fubar

Adventurer
Coffee to me (like wine, beer, whiskey, etc) is a very personal thing. I have had a large range if coffee makers and my personal go-to method is a cone filter.

I bought one of these 5 or 6 years ago to use for camping http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cl...2&sr=8-3&keywords=stainless+coffee+percolator I intended to use it as a percolator. Tried it a few times and *hated* the resulting coffee. I went with using plastic cones and unbleached filters. I liked the coffee speed, and the lack or clean-up issues so much it's what I use at home.

That said, the above pot is one of my favorite bits of camping gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles