April 4,5,6th 2008 Southeast Az Expedition Pre-run & Ghost town hunt

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Lance, I'm going to yell at you on this forum too...I hate you!! :p I would so rather be exploring new territory than be in Vegas...ha fun, lots of tracks and pics so we can do this another time.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I will be happy to keep a track of the adventure and email it to anyone but if you look here you will see the Disabled Explorers policy on publishing gps info:
http://disabledexplorers.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=44

We don't...and like I said there it isn't to be secretive or exclusive...hey we want folks to get outdoors that is our prime motive. However there is a difference between having a chance to interact and give our message and some yahoo with google.

tibaal89

Adventurer
I'll respect Lance's lead on that one. Maybe I'll send him my tracks, since clearly I will have collected superior data. :sombrero:

toy_tek

Adventurer
1leglance said:
I will be happy to keep a track of the adventure and email it to anyone but if you look here you will see the Disabled Explorers policy on publishing gps info:
http://disabledexplorers.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=44

We don't...and like I said there it isn't to be secretive or exclusive...hey we want folks to get outdoors that is our prime motive. However there is a difference between having a chance to interact and give our message and some yahoo with google.

Good point on the publishing, hadn't crossed my mind. By the way, we have met! Charleau Gap and dinner at the mexican place... cinco de mayo last year!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
that was a great time and seems like forever ago...
come on out and explore with us!

Oh and thanks for the support on the GPS policy...we will give you the info but only after we have done our duty to give the Talk :)

MaddBaggins

Explorer
tibaal89 said:
Lance, check this out! Hopefully we won't be having quite as much fun as these folks...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331bobcatattack0331-ON.html

I was thinking about bringing our dog, but maybe I'll leave her home and bring extra ammo instead. I don't need her out wandering around and getting in a tangle with a rabid bobcat.
Let me know if you see any followup on that article. I'd like to know if they kill/capture the thing.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Reading the article again, it sounds like they got it. They don't come out and say it, but they say it's the 5th animal tested positive since January. That makes me think they got it.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I'll be heading out Friday afternoon.
Probably in Peppersauce by 5 PM if all goes well.
Sooner if all goes great!

safari.gif

MaddBaggins

Explorer
DaktariEd said:
I'll be heading out Friday afternoon.
Probably in Peppersauce by 5 PM if all goes well.
Sooner if all goes great!

safari.gif

Ed, wanna tag along? I will be heading out thru Reddington. Shorter mileage for me and more fun for sure. I'm leaving work about 2pm and will hopefully be out of the house by 3:30 latest.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
MaddBaggins said:
Ed, wanna tag along? I will be heading out thru Reddington. Shorter mileage for me and more fun for sure. I'm leaving work about 2pm and will hopefully be out of the house by 3:30 latest.

Sorry MB,
That would probably double my mileage! :bike_rider:
I'm on the NW side up near Marana...I'm going by way of Oracle.
See you there. Look for the Phoenix...

safari.gif

MaddBaggins

Explorer
My wife is concerned about the rabid bobcat. She's worried for our safety. I think she's having flashbacks of Cujo. She's not coming on this overnighter, she's just worried about Zoe and I and the dog.

Anyone else concerned for any reason? I'm not really. As always, I'll be packing heat and will have a sharper eye than usual for suspicious critters.

See ya tomorrow evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior