April 4,5,6th 2008 Southeast Az Expedition Pre-run & Ghost town hunt

tibaal89

Adventurer
I am no more worried about being randomly mauled than I normally am. We know it can happen, and that's that. It's not like this event made us aware of something we'd never before considered...

Looking forward to it! (the trip, not being mauled :eek: )

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
like mike-tibaal I am no more worried than normal which means more of a "be prepared" sense than actual worry.
I also always carry concealed when in areas that are remote or known to have either 2 or 4 legged wildlife that could be a problem...however you will rarely ever know since I prefer not to have others aware....it is one of those things where you only need it when you need it and then really need it.
Truthfully I think we will be fine and I can always toss them my fake leg to chew on :)

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
Alice and I will be coming out w/ the Dodge/FWC. We'll plan on meeting you Saturday morning at Peppersauce by 8 and camp Saturday night. We'll bug out sometime Sunday morning wherever it makes sense to head back to Tucson. Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting the rest for the first time.

No worries on the bobcat for me either. If we were hiking I might be more concerned, but not too worried in the truck. Come to think of it, the last bobcat I saw in the wild was on the road just past peppersauce on the backroad to Mt Lemmon.

Kyle

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Zoe and I had a great time camping out with you guys last night despite the noisy crowd in the campground. Look forward to next time!

:1888fbbd:

Nice Pinz Ed!

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Madbaggins, where did you all camp at? Was it at a camp site or out in the forest? Sorry you had noise neighbors.

I wish I could of made it up there today to go ghost town hunting. Late night working and didn't get up until noon. Can't wait to see what 1leglance has found out that way.

later,mike

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Signcutter21 said:
Madbaggins, where did you all camp at? Was it at a camp site or out in the forest? Sorry you had noise neighbors.

I wish I could of made it up there today to go ghost town hunting. Late night working and didn't get up until noon. Can't wait to see what 1leglance has found out that way.

later,mike

We camped at peppersauce campground. We had some youngsters roll in after midnight and making all kinds of noise until after 2am. Inconsiderate!

Signcutter21

Adventurer
where's the pesky bobcats and mountain lions when ya need em? oh that was maybe a little mean. glad it wasn't at the dragoon campgrounds. lol

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
The Dragoon Camping ended up not happening. We made such good time on Saturday that we pushed on through the Dragoons and ended up camping in the Huachucas instead. Here are a few pics for you... Lance will have far more to share I'm sure. He and Mike headed off toward the Mexican border this morning and we headed back to Tucson. They decided they would be safe along the border today since we saw the Border Patrol with a rather large group of solemn looking chaps on the side of the road as we drove to our campsite last night.:yikes:

Last edited:

Signcutter21

Adventurer
cool, I can't wait for pics. Wonder where they camped? If I knew they were headed this far south, i would have found an excuse to be sick from work today. lol

tibaal89

Adventurer
Great to meet everybody this weekend! We covered a lot of ground and visited a ton of ghost sites. Here are some pics:

Martian vehicle... I must have one of these.
DSCF1975.jpg

Watch out for ghosts!
DSCF1988.jpg

Looking down on Sierra Vista...
DSCF2001.jpg

Rockcrawler descends...
DSCF2006.jpg

Me on the Mexican border at Lochiel...
DSCF2021.jpg

Coming back north towards the Santa Ritas...
DSCF2047.jpg

Spot Lance's Blue FJ in this pic!
DSCF2056.jpg

View from Gunsight Pass...
DSCF2081.jpg

another a little down the way...
DSCF2085.jpg

Spectacular views from the driver's seat...
DSCF2090.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz