The SOS Report. The Full Story

optimusprime

Proffessional daydreamer.
Wow .... Just wow ..... Have just spent an hour or so reading this, to say i am highly jealous is an understatement.
Such wonderful scenery, i could sit there happily for hours just taking in the views.

Just gotta win the lottey jackpot now,as you have given me another reason to want to come over the pond.......

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Thanks man! Yea you are a ways off..haha but there are some good views where you live!

I know the feeling though..damn money..ha

Glad you enjoyed it!

Oldmancrash

Adventurer
What a great write-up. I started reading it last night and had to quit about 2am. Went to work and could not get the pictures to load (our firewall) So had to wait until tonight to finish. Great job. I am just starting to research this overlanding. I have many 1000's miles of ATV riding but nothing like this in my truck. I believe I am now going to start. I am up here in Missoula. Very excited to start researching. If you ever need an old fart to tag along just let me know LOL. DO you know others up here?

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
What a great write-up. I started reading it last night and had to quit about 2am. Went to work and could not get the pictures to load (our firewall) So had to wait until tonight to finish. Great job. I am just starting to research this overlanding. I have many 1000's miles of ATV riding but nothing like this in my truck. I believe I am now going to start. I am up here in Missoula. Very excited to start researching. If you ever need an old fart to tag along just let me know LOL. DO you know others up here?

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it!

I do know several MT guys! I even know Rich, the president of the 4x4 association in Montana. He is a great guy, for a jeeper :p He is based i believe in Bozeman. They do a LOT of meets. They have a facebook page and website. Tell Rich i sent yea and say hi for me if you go! They meet quiet frequently.

My group of Wyo guys meet quiet often in the summer but we tend to stay in Wy, but you'd be more then welcome to come down. We do our planning on tacomaworld as we all have tacomas.

I only do 1 big trip like this a year, as i can only afford it once and getting the time off is a pain for everyone...well worth it though! But We try and invite a few people to them, however try and keep the numbers down for several reasons.

But i hope to see you at a MT meet! i try and make at least one per year as im right on the border but Missola and Bozeman is a bit of a long drive for me so i don't go more then once. There are several Tacoma guys up there i know too but they aren't super active online, but get out a lot.

optimusprime

Proffessional daydreamer.
Thanks man! Yea you are a ways off..haha but there are some good views where you live!

I know the feeling though..damn money..ha

Glad you enjoyed it!

I thought our Lake District was scenic, but your pics are something else.
Very enjoyable read........... Apart from your poor choice of vehicle obviously ( Joke!! Commited landy bloke here)

Kudos to you dad as well ....... I don't think mine would have been so obliging ........ I could just imagine the look on his face .......

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I thought our Lake District was scenic, but your pics are something else.
Very enjoyable read........... Apart from your poor choice of vehicle obviously ( Joke!! Commited landy bloke here)

Kudos to you dad as well ....... I don't think mine would have been so obliging ........ I could just imagine the look on his face .......

Yea it's a beautiful backyard :)

Haha! Hey! :p I love my tacomas haha

Yea he was super cool about it. He is an awesome dad. Enjoys it all too.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Whew, finished it. FANTASTIC thread Monte. Outstanding scenery photos and terrific writing. This is a gem for sure.

big a

Adventurer
Way cool man!!! I like the rigs! Your relationship with your dad is awesome too!!

I sent this link to my buddy. One of these days we are gonna head up there and run those trails!!!

Thx for helping me get through a stressful day at work! The pics and narrative were awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior