Series IIs doing what they do best...

Adventurer
Thank you guys! Any SII/IIa 109s out there? I think this gentleman is in NCLR Club...

SeriesIIa.jpg

And although I dont exactly agree with the mods done to the truck now, I must say I havent seen it done to a fresh 109 before and is something different...

display_temp.jpg

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
01001010 said:
Thank you guys! Any SII/IIa 109s out there? I think this gentleman is in NCLR Club...

SeriesIIa.jpg

And although I dont exactly agree with the mods done to the truck now, I must say I havent seen it done to a fresh 109 before and is something different...

display_temp.jpg
That's Matt. I believe he just moved back east. All the mods were done by Timm Cooper - for those of you that don't know who he is... he is one bad ******** of a mod guy. I can guarantee anything done by him is first class!

Mercedesrover

Explorer
KevinNY said:
If I recall correctly he has done the Rubicon in that truck.

Yup, that truck has done the Rubicon a number of times. He used to run my axles in the front and a Sals in the rear. Last I heard he swapped both axles for a pair of 60's. TeriAnn now has those shafts in the front of her truck.

jim

TeriAnn

Explorer
Mercedesrover said:
Yup, that truck has done the Rubicon a number of times. He used to run my axles in the front and a Sals in the rear. Last I heard he swapped both axles for a pair of 60's. TeriAnn now has those shafts in the front of her truck.

I am soooo thankful that Mathew is a #1 good guy (at least in my book) and that Timm talked him into using a diff assembly that takes a different axle.

Mathew if you are on this forum, again thank you! thank you! thank you!!! :bowdown:

I don't expect to break a front axle a third time now that I have upgraded:jump:

frontouterAxles.jpg

This shows the two outer axles side by side. It is easy to see that the SeriesTrek 24 spline axle is a lot more robust.

frontAxleInner.jpg

This picture shows the inner ends of both axles side by side. You can see how the 10 spline axle tapers down to the base of the splines. This is where the inner front axles mostly break. With luck the broken part does not stick out enough to hang the differential up when you try to remove it.

axleUjoint.jpg

SeriesTrek yoke on the left, Land Rover yoke on the right. The SeriesTrek axle uses a larger and much stronger U joint than the Land Rover axle.

Frontdiffs.jpg

Diff on left: Early RR pumpkin, Trutrac carrier, & much stronger 4.75:1 R&P.
Diff on right: Early SII pumkin, Quaife 10 spline carrier, 4.7:1 R&P with spacer plate behind it.

SeriesTrak axle at bottom

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I've been lusting after the Seriestrek front axleshafts since I got my set of rear ones, but the step up in cost is keeping me from ordering just yet. Hopefully I can make my stock shafts last a while, and maybe I'll swap in a set of replacement shafts and keep the old ones as spares.

I'm sure the Seriestrek fronts are worth every penny and priced according to the effort it takes to make them, so eventually they will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine...:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior