Land Cruiser Photos

SDKmann

A couple shots from Egypt in May/June.

IMGP0262.jpg

IMGP0235.jpg

IMGP0230.jpg

In all the small towns everyone drives either a Crusier or a Hilux, it was automotive heaven.

AZBaobab

Observer
Who says stock cruisers can't have fun?

A '95 w/o the wonderful knob-o-power AKA factory diff locks. In retrospect, that's probably a good thing...

IMG_4788.jpg

This was the day after burrying it up to the runningboards in thick, extremely slippery Northern Virginia clay.

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

Took us a day to get it out despite the all-powerful CDL switch mod (that thing was made in heaven...), and I still need to get the muck cleared from the underside. Although, I DO kind of like the grass-hanging-from-the-front-axle look...

:sombrero:

IMG_4787.jpg

Lesson learned: when you get stuck through your own stupidity, one's wife should be the LAST person on your call list.

IMG_4791.jpg

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Best thing to do is get a sprinkler and put it underneath the cruiser...turn it on and let it spray the underneath for about an hour...some of the mud will get baked on because of heat.

And never open the door and look back when you are stuck...did you get mud in your eye?

AZBaobab

Observer
Best thing to do is get a sprinkler and put it underneath the cruiser...turn it on and let it spray the underneath for about an hour...some of the mud will get baked on because of heat.

Tried that, that clay is just too impenetrable to water. I hit the stuff in the wheelwell directly with the hose sprayer nozzle thingy: didn't touch it.
Maybe I'll try the sprinkler thing overnight...

And never open the door and look back when you are stuck...did you get mud in your eye?
Pffft! Now you tell me!

Actually, the bulk of it came in through the window and splattered off of me, believe it or not.
Although now that I think about it, I may have had the door open just a crack one time...

No, I've learned a while ago (the hard way) that you don't want to have anything resembling exposed flesh anywhere near the direct line of fire when tires are spinning.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Looks really nice, what OME Lift do you have? I have 285's & dont know if i should do 2.5'' or just the OME Stock hight lift (IIRC it's .75'' lift).

Just go 2.5". It really doesn't effect the drive-ability at all, is more or less the same price, and then if you ever decide to go to a bigger tire or "gear up" your 80, it is ready for that. I have mediums in my LX450 and it handles and drives great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles