Discovery 4 / LR4 Auxiliary Long Range Tank

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Did you consider using a dual filler and T-ing into the factory tank fill line for the supply for Aux to main tank? Just seems over engineered to me. I have mine sitting on the workbench but probably won't get to it for a few months.

mcieplinski

Adventurer
Did you consider using a dual filler and T-ing into the factory tank fill line for the supply for Aux to main tank? Just seems over engineered to me. I have mine sitting on the workbench but probably won't get to it for a few months.

This is how it comes stock but due to different NA specs you have no space for dual filler and thus I had to create a workaround the space issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwestpro

Explorer
Every time I see these updates I feel more glad I got my tank done when I did. Although I do plan to ad in a 2nd pump similar to how this one was implemented.

Jwestpro

Explorer
More pictures attached - finished project :)

This is my ultimate North American expedition rig (still not a diesel but as close as it gets to it with an aux tank) :) The aux tank added 29 gallons to the existing 19 gallons which means that with the two jerry cans that fit on the top of my baja rack I have a total capacity of 58 gallons which averaging 15mpg gives a range of 870 miles!!!

Any photos showing the foxwing in use? I really like some aspects of my Hannibal awnings and "rooms" the accessory walls create but a 270 degree awning connecting a larger area would be better in some situations.

mcieplinski

Adventurer
3e5169bd2265d98823df0cd027ab44f9.jpg

This is the best pic I have. I connect it to my oztent and thus it works for me. The size is perfect as it protects from rain or sun pretty well.

mcieplinski

Adventurer
Every time I see these updates I feel more glad I got my tank done when I did. Although I do plan to ad in a 2nd pump similar to how this one was implemented.

Yep - it is not easy to do it but well worth it!!!!

A.J.M

Explorer
What fuel gauge did you use for the 2nd tank.
I've got a front runner tank to fit to my UK D3 ( hurrah for the tdv6 :p ) but would like to have a gauge like you have fitted to the dash for it.

Very good install and well done for getting round the challenges that you faced!

mcieplinski

Adventurer
What fuel gauge did you use for the 2nd tank.
I've got a front runner tank to fit to my UK D3 ( hurrah for the tdv6 :p ) but would like to have a gauge like you have fitted to the dash for it.

Very good install and well done for getting round the challenges that you faced!

Hi - the fuel gauge came with the tank.... Probably the only thing except for the actual tank that I have used from the kit supplied. It's a standard fuel gauge with a button to initiate fuel transfer. Don't know the brand but would recommend search on eBay.

Ray_G

Explorer
Hi - the fuel gauge came with the tank.... Probably the only thing except for the actual tank that I have used from the kit supplied. It's a standard fuel gauge with a button to initiate fuel transfer. Don't know the brand but would recommend search on eBay.

Did some digging on that gauge/switch setup while I was in Abu Dhabi-believe I even called AUS to ask if they'd sell the setup separate from the tank kit and they wouldn't. Unfortunate as it is a good looking piece of gear. When I put my FR tank install on hold it went to the back burner anyway, but if someone can find that by all means post up as I'd buy one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier