Ram 2500 06 Mega Cab Build

lzpup

Observer
Izpup. What is your plan for side boxes? I can't find anything that fills up the 20 height gap between the bed and the camper

Kilgore. Pm me whenever you want to take a look. I'm out in LA again for the next week, but then I'm planning to be home for a while

Custom boxes, I work with a local guy (San Diego) who is an amazing welder. He finished up the bed I have on the truck now. Will fit a long box along the side with two doors and a brake light in back. On the driver side one door will open down, so i can tap my propane line and put in a stove. Then 2 boxes underneath on each side : front and rear

blupaddler

Conspirator
Curious who "joe" is here in San Diego...
Diesel mechanic? Lift?

I'm very close to buying a 2007 Mega cab with the 5.9 and have been looking for as much info as possible. So, more questions maybe coming as I'm learning a bunch as I go.
I'm in Encinitas btw and would love to meet up sometime.

lzpup

Observer
Joe Salas at NTG racing in Santee https://www.facebook.com/NTG-Racing-127690840598723/?fref=ts
Great shop does anything dodge / mechanic / customization : tires , lighting and more. Give him a call , he gave me a lot of advice when looking. I think the 06 is the last year before the smog gets crazy, not sure if it goes to half year in 07. The transmission is weak point but can be addressed, front steering assembly can use some work, ball joints can have some trouble.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Awesome truck and setup. I have an 06 with a Carli and Thuren cocktail. What size are those tires?

How's your steering? Old/new linkage? Done the box upgrade yet? I thought it was the best money I've spent!

There was another guy, I think on here, who filled the large gap between his camper and truck roof with lightweight mounted box that had side access. I thought he had FWC install it, but not sure..

So many cool rigs coming out of SD these days, makes me a bit homesick.
-Chris

lzpup

Observer
Thanks for the tip on the box over the cab , I have been thinking about that. Need to cut some wind out a store a table and solar panel. Linkages are new, steering is good. Box upgrade? are you referring to the steering box?
37 inch tires

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I like the look of the boxes Izpup. Any chance you can post more images here so we can see more of your fine rig? Cheers, Chilli...:)

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
So many cool rigs coming out of SD these days, makes me a bit homesick.
-Chris

Agreed! NTG is basically in my backyard!!

Nice build. I’m starting to think I need truck in my life after seeing this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lzpup

Observer
HID Kit Install

HID Kit from Retro shop : need to finish turn signals and Halos. I think one of the signals burnt out, so good time to replace. Need to Troubleshoot the Halos not firing up atm.IMG_0091.jpg

Last edited:

lzpup

Observer
strangely one HID stays on when i turn off the truck, there is only one relay in the kit and direct wire to the power, so you would think both would stay on, I am going to put a cutoff switch under the hood as a temp solution, may need to wire something to the cab if I can't sort out. Not sure if I would need a relay or just a cutoff switch. hope it goes away on it's own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles