Where to buy a Partner Steel Stove in San Diego, CA

MBPXJ

Observer
Looking to buy either the 18" or 22". Was really hoping to be able to check them out in person.

Is there anyone in San Diego that sells them??

Thanks!

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I have one if you would like to stop by and take a look at it. The guys over at Adventure Trailers sell them. PM me if you would like to look at it. I'm up in San Elijo Hills. It's a good stove.

www.adventuretrailers.com

Justin

Honu

lost on the mainland
if you use a smaller coffee pot you can have them made with a extra rod in the middle so smaller pots like moka pots as example are more stable :)

just something I learned here before I got mine so passing it on :)

I ended up ordering direct

MBPXJ

Observer
Thank you for passing that on. :)

if you use a smaller coffee pot you can have them made with a extra rod in the middle so smaller pots like moka pots as example are more stable :)

just something I learned here before I got mine so passing it on :)

I ended up ordering direct

Honu

lost on the mainland
just so ya know what that extra rod looks like :)

I jumped on one finally after years of coleman units etc... and wanted to build one to fit into my IGT
here is my take as covered by many its tough :) and seems super solid which I like also clean up is way easier IMHO I hate packing nasty stoves !!! I am a clean person so that is a lot to me
I think heat output and ability to get a simmer are about the same in some ways its what you get used to for me its just a super tough build that feels more stable to cook on and I like the recessed knobs etc... nothing to break off in packing etc.....

if I was buying it for normal use I would buy the 22 so you can have more room between pans :)

PS_IGT-2.jpg

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Thank you for the offer Justin. What stove do you have and what pros and cons have you noticed?

I believe I have the 18" sold by Adventure Trailers. It is a very robust stove that has survived being bounced around inside my Adventure Trailer Chaser. I have only had one little problem. An O ring that goes in the fuel line cracked. Without that the stove does not work. I called Partner Steel and they sent one out at no charge. Great service! My stove is also 8 years old so it was my fault for not looking at it more closely.

I also have the www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com bag that is awesome for protecting other items from getting destroyed by the robust stove that is bouncing around inside my trailer. The bag is a great accessory. Like Honu I also use mine in a Snow Peak IGT table set. Instead of hard mounting the L channel to the stove like Honu, I simple put 2 pieces across the width of the IGT and place the stove on the L channel cross bars. The L channel cross bars are stored inside the stove under the metal grate. Hopefully that helps you out. Feel free to PM if you want to see it and the bag.

MBPXJ

Observer
just so ya know what that extra rod looks like :)

I jumped on one finally after years of coleman units etc... and wanted to build one to fit into my IGT
here is my take as covered by many its tough :) and seems super solid which I like also clean up is way easier IMHO I hate packing nasty stoves !!! I am a clean person so that is a lot to me
I think heat output and ability to get a simmer are about the same in some ways its what you get used to for me its just a super tough build that feels more stable to cook on and I like the recessed knobs etc... nothing to break off in packing etc.....

if I was buying it for normal use I would buy the 22 so you can have more room between pans :)

Thank you for the great picture and review, I appreciate it!

MBPXJ

Observer
I believe I have the 18" sold by Adventure Trailers. It is a very robust stove that has survived being bounced around inside my Adventure Trailer Chaser. I have only had one little problem. An O ring that goes in the fuel line cracked. Without that the stove does not work. I called Partner Steel and they sent one out at no charge. Great service! My stove is also 8 years old so it was my fault for not looking at it more closely.

I also have the www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com bag that is awesome for protecting other items from getting destroyed by the robust stove that is bouncing around inside my trailer. The bag is a great accessory. Like Honu I also use mine in a Snow Peak IGT table set. Instead of hard mounting the L channel to the stove like Honu, I simple put 2 pieces across the width of the IGT and place the stove on the L channel cross bars. The L channel cross bars are stored inside the stove under the metal grate. Hopefully that helps you out. Feel free to PM if you want to see it and the bag.

Thank You!

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Over the years I've been slowly buying "top-shelf" gear and I added a partner 18" to the pile last year. My Coleman's never failed me before, but the partner is very robust and packs easier due to its shape and recessed knobs. The burners are very much an upgrade over my coleman stoves but they both boil water the same. Fwiw, it rattles less when packed up as well.

I would buy one again, it's a lifetime use product.

Last edited:

shanz3n5

Adventurer
I am reading all i can on the PS stoves and how to outfit it in the utility bed box. whether to slide tray it out or the table. i would love to see yur set up asap as im trying to purchase today ....ha
looking at a stove set up with a grill next to it.
thanx John

ps..thanx to all for the input from everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne