Possible Gen 1 Purchase, Reality Check Needed

Jamacee

Observer
I have a 1991 in good shape I have a feeler CL ad on but honestly have been too busy to get my ad up on here. I am trying to get into a gen2 or 2.5 myself.

It has the 95sr stuff done and third row jump seats in place. The one you are looking at though sounds real clean.

Jamacee

Observer
969d06dfbb536030e2e2b18342921dbc.jpg
007e7607afe123bea15926c4e2b8502b.jpg
85ad3a3ca126ab1f471070a6f5a19140.jpg

I need to get my ad up here. I have been dragging my feet b/c I usually have a smile on my face when I get out of the truck.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
If you get the SR rear axle for a locker, don't forget you'll need an air source. You can either use the OE compressor (under rear seats in it's own cubby hole) or an after market compressor that's regulated to the lower PSI rating of the locker. If you forget to do this, you can easily blow out the locker diaphragm

As for the rear trailing arms, the easy swap in is a gen II trailing arm. Bolt in solution w/out any modifications required. Also doublecheck the trailing arm bushings where they bolt onto the rear cross member. They may be worn out and should be replaced with new ones. I'd stick to the OEM units as they are reliable and don't make noise unlike any polyurethane alternatives would.

HTH's.

Jamacee

Observer
It needs a TB/WP kit. The new one that was recently put on has a weep at front seal. I am at $2800 as is. $2500 minus bumper/snorkel.

steewoz

Observer
You make the pilgrimage, and we'll do it!

Last question. What are people doing to mount a winch? I gathered that the ARB bumper is no longer available, but quite frankly, I'd prefer to do something more clean/stealthy anyways.

I'm kind of surprised by how hard it is to find gen 1 specific info in the Mitsu forum. It would be great to get the gen 1 specific info organized on here... Maybe I'll attempt that once I pull the trigger on one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ultrakill

Adventurer
Hey Ultrakill and Raptortruckin. How would you feel about wheelin your gen 1s through this?...

http://vimeo.com/110964600

The way it sits now... umm no haha. I don't even got 33s yet. Waiting for my 29.5s to run down. But yeah that's a sweet video.

I could probably do about 85~90 percent of that, the really loose mud was pretty gnarly and same with the rock section. Also that narrow corridor part looked fun, I think Montero is quite a bit narrower than those rigs so I probably would have been ok there.

Good video, I wish the wheeling around here was more like that. Here it's really dry and mostly rock crawling which I hate. I gotta drive a few hours to get to the high desert or more wooded areas.

If I ever made my way out to Vermont I would let you know. Good stuff man.

Jonny

mcolbyb

I just got my 1989 Yellow Raider for 2400, great condition, all new break lines, pads, rotors, and it's been a champ in the desert in AZ. Done everything my friends 2002 Range Rover could do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior