Infinity qx56 or qx80 a patrol

Jkenosh

Observer
A coworker of mine bought a 2013 qx 56 (now the qx80) and he tells me its chassis and four wheel drive is all based on a Nissan patrol. Is this true? Might have to sell the titan and start saving

Camelfilter

Explorer
The QX56 is based on the Armada which is similarly based on the Titan (but with a different rear suspension)...and my Titan says to you:

photo 3.jpg

Camelfilter

Explorer
Your titan looks good. What all have you done to it

Thanks! I didn't have to do much. The bumpers & flippac I bought used from the RoamingRobertson's on here. They & there brother in law did the install while I pretty much stood around... :ylsmoke:

I put a Bilstein shocks & adjustable struts on. The struts are on the mid-perch (they have 3 settings), then put a mini-level on top of the struts (a ?.8" aluminum disk) which adds 1.5".

I also put firestone airbags onto the rear, which without air give a little lift. Aired-up they level it out nice. I'm thinking to add small rear blocks or shortened shackles (which will in turn add 1" lift), as the airbags leak - not enough for me to want to bother fixing them though.

From Rocky Roads I installed Supersliders (bolt-on sliders) but will likely have them welded on for safety. I also installed there "shock rock" kit, theyre kinda like sliders for the rear shock mounts, but also allow the shock to be moved up a bit so I don't have to buy longer shocks.

Upsized tires from stock 33" to 34.5(ish).

LED pods in the fog slots.

Fridge,heater, CB. etc.

skibum315

Explorer
New QX80 is based on the Patrol ... not the same Patrol you might be thinking of, though (Y60 or Y61). Older QX56 (re-badged Armada) shares the F-Alpha platform with the Armada, Titan, Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra (as Camelfilter said) ... through 2012 (only 2010 for the QX), at least.

2014 QX80 vs. 2014 Patrol (and here's the QX wiki ... previous F-Alpha generation is the JA60, current Y62 Patrol based generation is the Z62) vs. the Y60 Patrol (1987-1997) or the Y61 Patrol (1997-2013) ... and here's the Patrol Wiki.

Hoosier.Daddy

Here is a nice (and funny) technical review of the QX56 ...

https://youtu.be/doeUj4k8MLA

If you fast forward to 3 min 10 seconds the mechanic tells you the QX is based on the Nissan Patrol... just prior to that he goes over the box frame, automatic leveling hydraulic shocks, huge muffler and large drive shaft ...

Last edited:

broncobowsher

Adventurer
The 2017 Armada is even closer to a Patrol. It is a decontented QX80.

The first QX56 was based off the Armada platform (stuff added to try and make it a luxery version), the second time around the Armada is based off the QX56 but is decontented for the Nissan customer instead of the Infiniti customer.

The QX56/QX80 after 2011 is based on a global Patrol platform, as is the 2017 Armada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles