My Disco II Build

MStudt

Adventurer
Had to show some love to the Rover this weekend. This was still on OEM front pads, and rotors after nearly 90k miles. So it was time to do an upgrade on those. After researching options for about a week I finally made a decision on what to get. I went with DBA 4000 Series rotors, and EBC Green Stuff pads. Disc Brakes Australia (DBA) has long been used on Disco's, and are very good rotors.

IMG_20160612_174151_zpsqsrtb6b8.jpg

IMG_20160612_174305_zpsvxxogatr.jpg

Next up was replacing the OEM pan hard bar with a Terrafirma adjustable pan hard bar. Having a little ability to adjust was good since this is lifted.

IMG_20160612_174443_zpsgvqfhkfl.jpg

Last edited:

KyleT

Explorer
I can bet those weren't the original pads and rotors. Do an old fashioned brake bleed too.

The ebc pads are good but will be squeaky when it's cold. And they dust about like OEM. Stopping power is good especially when they warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MStudt

Adventurer
I took care of some more front end suspension parts this weekend. I was able to replace the steering stabilizer, track bar, tie rod, TRE's, and new passenger side shock. I also took on the task of building some new front sway bar links. Having made a couple sets of sway bar links over the last couple year I thought it would be pretty easy. Hardest part was cutting off the old ones.

The pile of old parts. Most of it is going in the trash since it's pretty well shot. Not sure how the front shock blew, but it had zero rebound to it. The TRE's were pretty dried up, and the stabilizer was dead as well.
20160619_153810_zps0katpufv.jpg

Just cut off the sway bar link on both sides.
20160619_145312_zpsndkrfmyx.jpg

New drop clevis installed.
20160619_145611_zpsvpxo8gkd.jpg

On to the heim.
20160619_150521_zpsc4xpkfgf.jpg

The newly assembled link, and the first set I've ever made for a Rover.
20160619_150932_zps8rvnrkzp.jpg

New sway bar link with the new steering, and pan hard bar.
20160619_143429_zpsvltqxsah.jpg

MStudt

Adventurer
I was also able to help my wife with her project. Funny how this became mostly my project once I started. The headliner has been saggin in this thing since we got it almost two years. I was able to haggle some money due to it since it was supposed to be easy. Well, two years later I'm finally getting to this. The cleaning is done, and the prep work also. Now we have to wait until Tuesday for the new liner to show up. I'm not going to say what that is yet. So you'll have to wait until at least Tuesday.

After peeling off the liner, and dealing with the sicky foam.
20160619_164638_zpszchl5fkn.jpg

Using a body putty knife made quick work of the foam, and I used a shopvac to help in the clean up.
20160619_164806_zpsemxh1ewp.jpg

All cleaned up, and now waiting the liner.
[
20160619_171707_zpsbpk1rxrr.jpg

Mr. Moore

Observer
I enjoyed reading your build thread. I just got a 2002 disco II that is the same color with the same wheels. This has given me some great ideas! Nice looking rig!

MStudt

Adventurer
I haven't been on much lately, and therefor haven't updated anything. I'll have to get some of my pictures uploaded so I can post them.

I finished up the headliner, and it turned out pretty good. I used a product called Durabak to paint on my headliner. This is a bedliner material that is not textured which makes it easy to wipe clean. After painting in out I let it set out for about a week to make sure the odor was gone.

I also just got started on the rear section for our platform. I've got a little under a year to get the Rover finished up. Come next June this will be our full-time home as we make our way around the country.

eloist

Adventurer
Nice work man!
I redid the headliner on my mk4 gti a few months ago.
It took forever and was a major pain, but it came out great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles