If a slide in camper had ...

theMec

Adventurer
I did a search and can't seem to find a source for these "windoors" you guys are talking about. Anyone have a lead? I'm looking for side windows for my box..

Cheers,

N

Windoors are available in A.R.E, Leer and other shells. I don't know where you could buy them separate, though. Callen camper might be able to help. They built windoors on each side of my Callen box. See my build thread for pics.

BigMike

Fleetwest Commercial Options

We go camping because we like the outside. I like the idea of a slide in except that it's TOO isolating from the environment. Currently we have a fiberglass topper w/ a windoor on one side and sliding side window on the other. We usually sleep w/ the back tailgate down and hatch open. I'm looking at less constraining options.

If a slide-in camper (popup or hard side) only had 2 rear doors (like a commercial topper) and windoors on each side I'd be very interested. Unfortunately I haven't found one ...
Please let me know if I've overlooked a manufacturer. Thanks.

Fleetwest Durashell 165

http://www.fleetwest.net/DS165.html

They also make a lower profile unit. I am waiting for prices.

sherwood

Observer
It's bad enough we cry about the cool vehicles available overseas, but I think this camper would be what you are looking for www.bimobil.com . - Brad

Husky 240 lift up wall;

G_6.jpg

G_5.jpg

Every camper should have one!

BobcatBob

Panther Camper

This is in reference the first post on this thread from Decodent.....Did you ever get all the money they owed you back?

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Husky 240 lift up wall;

Every camper should have one!

I wouldn't mind something like that, say in southwest CO around Labor Day, or in Utah in the spring.

But no way I would want one around here for the majority of camping season.

Our mosquito's are so big, we have to tether our livestock down, so they don't fly away with them!

:coffeedrink:

scott7022

Nobody
So similar to TuffPort that one of the pictures on the Hallmark site appears to be a TuffPort Mobile Treatment Unit on it's side. I worked in these in the earlier 90's and they have an internal roll cage and set up for transport, seatbelts etc. The TuffPort product is heavily used in British Columbia and get abused daily. Tough units to be sure. Hard to get information as it appears their website is down.

s.e.charles

interestingly enough, i STILL think this design is one of the best i have ever seen. can only think the builder didn't realize the potential he had tapped.

I hear ya. That's one reason I like the one that the SuperCamperos built:

phone.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I drool over those custom camper setups but i have neither the skills or the time.
I've looked into those cargobodies but it would be a lot of work and expense to modify to my needs. I can do the interior but the exterior ...

At this point, I'm leaning towards either an ARE vertical side commerical cap like this:
http://www.4are.com/cgi-bin/_b/gallery.cgi?pictureid=831&max=3959&truckmake=Dodge

or a callen camper -> http://callencamper.com/Camper shells.htm

At some point soon, I realize I'll have to sh@t or get off the pot :)
Callen's in business again. Jim the past owner is taking orders. My concern is bugs with the open doors. I had three of them. I'll take my Northstar TC800.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne