Safari Snorkel confirms snorkel for 4th-gen coming

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Recently I was at a grand opening of a Jeep store here in Miami. I spoke with Eric of ARB he was telling me that the 2nd gen Tacoma units will be for sale very soon.
I wonder if in August they'll have the Tacoma units as well..?

I thought the 2 gen Tacoma units were already available?? Cruiser Outfitters have them available on their site.

HHIRunner

Observer
I believe they sell a hill snorkel with a Tacoma template. I also believe that the Tacoma snorkel is completed just not for sale yet. I've seen a few pictures of it around the interwebz

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I believe those are 1st gen snorkels that include a template to make it work with 2nd gen... not positive.

I believe they sell a hill snorkel with a Tacoma template. I also believe that the Tacoma snorkel is completed just not for sale yet. I've seen a few pictures of it around the interwebz

Well I ordered their last one in stock last week Friday. Hopefully it is what it says it'll be. I hope that it's not just adapted from 1st gen to work with 2nd gen. IMO they don't seem to advertise it as such, but if it's different I hope it's not a catastrophic failure different (had this happen to my old truck 4 years ago). I'll post up info when I receive it this week.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Well I ordered their last one in stock last week Friday. Hopefully it is what it says it'll be. I hope that it's not just adapted from 1st gen to work with 2nd gen. IMO they don't seem to advertise it as such, but if it's different I hope it's not a catastrophic failure different (had this happen to my old truck 4 years ago). I'll post up info when I receive it this week.

To be fair, we (Cruiser Outfitters) are 100% up front with the fact our snorkel is a "modified" non-US Hilux kit and our instructions indicate the fact it is a custom fit to your vehicle shown here: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_2ndgenTaco_snorkel.html

2gTacoSrkl_01.jpg

All that said, the fit is good and we're happy to have offered them all these years for 2nd Gen Tacoma owners. We'll continue to offer them up until and perhaps after the new snorkel hits the market. There is still no firm ETA on it's arrival, could be fall or beyond, I've been out of the country so I haven't personally checked in a bit. We've already had customers order the old snorkel knowing a application specific kit was coming out as they didn't like the more "bulbous" look of the new unit. I posted pictures of the new unit here:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2005-2015-tacoma-safari-snorkel.350645/#post-9410534

chmura

Adventurer
Big update on the status of 5th, 4th gen 4runners and 2nd gen Tacomas.

Direct from ARB.

We have a representative from Safari Snorkels that will be fitting some prototype snorkels starting tomorrow on the 6 cyl and 8 cyl 4th gen 4runner as well as the new 5th gen 4runner. Stay tuned for updates we should have better information next week.

Awesome!

Belcher

5th Gen for the win...can't wait. I know I will never use it but I have to own one. I have no will power. Zero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior