1985 300GD

EspenT

Hi

Have been on this forum a few months without posting about my project. This is my second G wagen. My first one was this one. A nice 2001 G300DT(one of the last built)
It was my daily driver but as diesel prices rised I had to buy another car that was cheaper to operate. I decided that it was bether to have a daily driver that was extreemely cheap to fill with "gas" and an older G(In norway 30 year or older cars are cheaper to own)
50_184790656_xl.jpg 50_2056493814_xl.jpg

I traded the G300 in for this old 300GD and enough(almost) money to buy this(electric golf).
IMG_1388.jpg IMG_0044.jpg

Last edited:

EspenT

My goal is a personalized version of the Entdecker. This is how far I have come.
IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG

Last edited:

Frankspinz

Adventurer
The attachments don't work for me ...

The Entdecker is a sweet ride ! It would be on my list if I were the only one making decisions ... ;)

EspenT

The attachments don't work for me ...

The Entdecker is a sweet ride ! It would be on my list if I were the only one making decisions ... ;)

For some reason it stopped working for me as well. Have re-uploaded the images. Lets hope they stay this time.

McBride

Adventurer
Nice start! I love the color. Your first G is nice too. Can't wait to see how you progress. Thanks for sharing.

EspenT

Nice start! I love the color. Your first G is nice too. Can't wait to see how you progress. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you McBride I´ve been following your tread.

Wow killer job so far! How have you found the transition and creature comforts to the new older G?
Thank you. The main difference I would say is speed, or the lack of speed. And in some way the 460 is more sincere, it does not try to be anything more than a off road vehicle.

460 pros
Simplicity(if you don´t have it, you can't break it)
Excellent fuel economy, 12-13L/100km

460 Cons
Underpowered(om617), most noticeable in the high range. Unable to keep up with traffic.
No support or armrest on the seat, wish I had the recaro seats.
Noisier

463 Pros
High power(Turbocharged om606 with performance chip)
Better seats and armrest.

463 Cons
Uses 20+L/100Km
A lot of complicated components that sooner or later will break.

Last edited:

silvElise

Adventurer
460 pros

460 Cons
Underpowered(om617), most noticeable in the high range. Unable to keep up with traffic.
Noisier

463 Pros

463 Cons
Uses 20+L/100Km

Nice list I know when I moved up from my old LR to the 463 I loved the speed and comfort! The fuel economy was kind of moot for me since the rover got the same if not worse. About the components I think that comes down to the year and condition. I specifically picked up the 05 model as I knew the 5 speed was rock solid and I havent ran into any of the electronic issues my friends in an 03 ran into.

I have had the window regulator break but that was expected however once replaced they seemed to have updated the part properly.

I do enjoy the extra oomph... I enjoyed it even more in Texas as that damn state is so big to try and get out of, capped at 75 MPH is a drag.

artiei

Observer
Thank you McBride I´ve been following your tread.

Thank you. The main difference I would say is speed, or the lack of speed. And in some way the 460 is more sincere, it does not try to be anything more than a off road vehicle.

460 pros

460 Cons
Noisier

463 Pros

463 Cons
Uses 20+L/100Km

Get a 460, put an OM617A (turbo) in it, put some Recaro sets in it. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

artiei

Observer
That is a sweet ride! My W460 was originally gold like your's but it got "updated" to Onyx. I like the updated color, but now seeing your gold color, I'm kind of wishing it was the original color!

Scott Brady

Founder
Looks great! Any other accessory plans? I sure enjoyed my time with the Entdecker

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles