My New Build: 1990 3-Door Nissan Patrol, 4.2, Diesel

Patrollife

Explorer
Picked up some blue ARB light covers for my intensity knock-offs to match the Rigid Dually covers in the back. They fit perfectly. In hindsight I wish I would have went with Amber up front, of which I have a pair for the duallys in the rear as well.
854c4408d9e2ebe398b34984058fbdd9.jpg

15820f19c69e3c2fc3ff170189183443.jpg
db298e672718c397c466d1102bdc7390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Congratulations on the Shorty! And thanks for the support on my build! These little "weapons" as you Aussies like to say are so addicting! Do you have a build page? What did you order from Oz? I'm looking to upgrade my travel arms and tie rod and want to get the parts from Superior.

Also, did you import on your own? How was the process? I want to bring mine to the States as soon as I'm done here in Guatemala.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, not big on build threads, ok if i stick around yours?
Found the truck in a dealers yard, they had imported it but not figured out 100% the registration
paper work. Fortunate for us we have a lady in the office who loves paper work. There are a few states that will accept a translated title, lucky for me Oregon is one. A visit to the DOT to confirm the details and all is good.
First things first, get every thing working the way the maker intended. From home came filters, belts, suspension bushes.

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Superior do excellent work.
For me since it is a fun truck not a comp truck we just reinforced the lower trailing arms, flat bar top and bottom. Makes a big difference, simple and easy to do. We re bushed all with parts from Aus (Patrol a part - there service is very good) . Replaced the auto hubs with lockable free wheeling. Found the auto hubs in cold weather locked up or would not unlock, very un fun. 16x8 rims ( yes had to bore out the centers to 110 mm) with Toyo wild country tyres ( 33 inch) . Last but not least put 30mm spacer in the springs rather than a spring lift.
Photo Jan 18, 11 39 49.jpg
Photo Jan 18, 10 53 38.jpg
Photo Jan 19, 11 28 56.jpg

Patrollife

Explorer
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, not big on build threads, ok if i stick around yours?
Found the truck in a dealers yard, they had imported it but not figured out 100% the registration
paper work. Fortunate for us we have a lady in the office who loves paper work. There are a few states that will accept a translated title, lucky for me Oregon is one. A visit to the DOT to confirm the details and all is good.
First things first, get every thing working the way the maker intended. From home came filters, belts, suspension bushes.

Cheers, thanks for the info in both posts.

Patrollife

Explorer
Trying out the black hood. It's plasti dipped. I can't make up my mind on whether I like it or not.
eba2b2e79bda2cecf18e7baeb78a002f.jpg
18c1da0f30b5852bea2e7d02f0e08365.jpg
ff459b2cf28e78e782dbef9b61e5ac63.jpg
d8ae4b49578a2b3b165f8d639c09f4ce.jpg

jhberria

Adventurer
I like the look of the yellow hood better. Not to say the black hood looks bad, persay, but the Shorty just has such a classic vibe to it that I think the paint-matched hood fits it better.

Also, great work with the recent trip videos. Very good production and the terrain definitely made me envious. Damnit, I need to get back to Central America.

Patrollife

Explorer
I like the look of the yellow hood better. Not to say the black hood looks bad, persay, but the Shorty just has such a classic vibe to it that I think the paint-matched hood fits it better.

Also, great work with the recent trip videos. Very good production and the terrain definitely made me envious. Damnit, I need to get back to Central America.

The classic look indeed is a good point. It's only plasti dip so the black will come right off. Been thinking of two toning her like some of the older Shortys.

And thanks for checking out the vids. Anytime you need a sidekick into the jungle, you know where to find me!

Patrollife

Explorer
I ordered some heavy duty replacement steering rods for the Shorty. Picked them up from Superior Engineering in Australia and had them delivered to my parents house in the US. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, March 6. I should have them installed by the end of the month, as I'll be traveling home to pick them up and bring them back to Guatemala.

Next up on my wish list are super flex arms to give the Shorty some better articulation. The adjustable panhard rods in the front and rear do a good job, but I'm looking to take it to the next level. In the meantime, I decided to give her a little stretch yesterday.

5349304f9f22460473ececbf4c6dd701.jpg
2f1ac75b8b54cb6b49d56d3a945787c8.jpg
fd0241e4b046bda03fd1f620570a9caf.jpg
823d966a94950315836998baba50b94c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles