Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for reliable online gear stores!

Yeah that was probably not the right wording.

Four Wheel Camper - The TARDIS
    Motorcycle - SETO

Trip Reports - Travels with Hadley

-Nathanael
    Large Format Landscape Photography
    www.KuenzliPhotography.com

Another option for a wind stopping layer would be military surplus, gortex jacket.

The online stores I use are already listed, have had good luck with motorcycle superstore.
    Rigs I currently own:
    72 M816 wrecker
    82 GMC 1 ton crew cab
    16 BMW F800GS

Former rigs:
    81 K10, 82 K20, 84 K30, 87 V30 crew cab, 02 2500HD
    71 M35a2
    79 K5, 95 2 door yukon with 6.5 diesel
    89 suburban, 94 suburban
    87 nissan extended cab 4x4 pickup
    87 toyota 4runner. Killed the 22re and 2 manual trans
    93 KLX 650R, 09 KLX 250 SF
    97 YZF 1000
    06 Shadow 600

Thank you for these in-depth responses, I'm kind of excited now to order on Black Friday, if they have that type of sale at least!
    Go to www.GearSpoke.com for all of your rental needs!

I have had really good experiences with Revzilla over the years. Recently, however, I stopped in to see the small retail outlet that Atomic Moto has here in Bend. I met the owners and some of the local (serious) riders who test their gear. On their recommendation I purchased a pair of Alpinestars Toucan Goretex boots. I have always been a Sidi guy but this was one of the best purchases I have made in some time. Everything they say about the product is 100% accurate. No BS. No sales hype.
    To keep their overhead low they have a small retail space. Their real focus and expertise is online sales. I cannot recommend these folks more highly. They are great to deal with, know their stuff, use the gear they sell and offer top notch customer service. Check out some of their product review videos.
    http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinesta...ts_p_1062.html
    I think you will be very pleased. They are now my go-to supplier.

I'll give a +1 for Atomic Moto as well. The owner (?), Brian, posts a lot of his gear opinions on ADVRider and he seems to really be a straight shooter with honest information - not some guy trying to sell whatever is on his shelves. Customer service has always been top notch in my couple transactions with them.

On a somewhat related note . . . now is a good time to check out the European online retailers. With the weak Euro, gear seems to run 25-40% cheaper. For example, bikerland.de has the Sidi Adventure GoreTex boots for $283, versus about $550 to buy domestically. That's even 25% less than the Adventure Rains! I just bought two helmets and they were about 1/3 cheaper than if I had bought domestically. People seem to have good luck with FC-Moto and Bikerland.de. Although I think FC Moto's customer service isn't top notch (they are slow to respond), I would certainly order from them again.
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by cwvandy View Post
    I have had really good experiences with Revzilla over the years. Recently, however, I stopped in to see the small retail outlet that Atomic Moto has here in Bend. I met the owners and some of the local (serious) riders who test their gear. On their recommendation I purchased a pair of Alpinestars Toucan Goretex boots. I have always been a Sidi guy but this was one of the best purchases I have made in some time. Everything they say about the product is 100% accurate. No BS. No sales hype.
    To keep their overhead low they have a small retail space. Their real focus and expertise is online sales. I cannot recommend these folks more highly. They are great to deal with, know their stuff, use the gear they sell and offer top notch customer service. Check out some of their product review videos.
    http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinesta...ts_p_1062.html
    I think you will be very pleased. They are now my go-to supplier.
    I second (third?) the recommendation of Atomic Moto. Brian's gear recommendations to me have always been spot on and he spends the time talking with you over the phone to make sure you get the right gear. Thanks to him, I have no money.
    -Semper Fi-
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD
    2008 KTM 530 EXC-R

Revzilla has always been solid and quick to ship.
    Scott Brady
    Instagram - @globaloverland

Overland Journal
    G-Wagen | Defender 110 | Land Cruiser BJ74 | Moto Guzzi V7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12