Superduty transformation

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
IMG_1137.jpgIMG_2056.jpgIMG_2057.jpgIMG_2054.jpgIMG_2055.jpgView attachment 256977View attachment 256978View attachment 256979I have had my rig set up like this for my last two baja trips and I am ready to make some changes. The cap I was thinking of painting black and will have to figure out a suitable rack for it. The rooftop tent will go back over the cab but I am vetting a fabricator to have me build an exo-cage. The prior rack put dents in the roof and do not think it was suitable for the weight we subjected it to. At the same time of the exocage I will see how much it will cost to have a dual tire carrier built. View attachment 256970View attachment 256971View attachment 256972View attachment 256973View attachment 256974View attachment 256975View attachment 256976

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
looks good. I've been looking for a used box topper like that for awhile. how is it?

I have a 2006 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed with the 6.0 Diesel. Mines fairly stock other then some 33" tall tires, bigger turbo and a leveling kit.

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
So far I like it. Since I have had it I painted it satin black but still needs some touch up and will post a picture soon. It is much lighter then my fiberglass shell and much stronger. It is great to have the access to the sides to be able to fill up my fuel tank in the bed and to not have to crawl to get things at the end of the bed.
looks good. I've been looking for a used box topper like that for awhile. how is it?

I have a 2006 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed with the 6.0 Diesel. Mines fairly stock other then some 33" tall tires, bigger turbo and a leveling kit.

jdinevens

Adventurer
I'm looking at having something pretty similar, I've got a Kargo master roof rack. Its rated at 1700lbs. the only thing i don't like about it is the front of it sticks out over the windshield a little far

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Had the chance to pour over your build thread and everything looks absolutely great! I am going to have the exocage built after the new year sometime. That is the next available slot the fabricator has in his shop. I used to have the set of Thule racks over the cab but they did more harm than good. The front will go down the "A" pillar and through the fender to the frame somewhere and the rear mount running along the cab/bed seam will be incorporated into a set of rock sliders.
I'm looking at having something pretty similar, I've got a Kargo master roof rack. Its rated at 1700lbs. the only thing i don't like about it is the front of it sticks out over the windshield a little far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz