Overland-ish Tacoma Flippac Build

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Haven't posted here in a while. Got the fabric on finally. Still have some bugs to work out, but it's coming along. Spent 8 nights in the camper in July. It helped to validate my original interior plan. That's next on the list.

IMG_8777.jpg

GoinBoardin

Observer
That is super cool. Looks like some great craftsmanship. Keep it up! Post some interior photos when you have a chance.

What did you skin the frame with?

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Thank you!

Wish I could take credit for the build. Had a local fabricator build the flatbed and a commercial camper shell manufacturer build the top. It's skinned with aluminum sheeting. The type you see on commercial caps and semi trailers. Pretty durable, but thin. It wouldn't be difficult to re-skin it at a later date if it gets some trail damage.

Just starting on the interior using 10 series T-slot. I'll post pics when there's something to look at.

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
@Overlanerd When my girlfriend and I am back in the bay area, could we meet up sometime at your convenience to check out your setup? We can bring you fancy beer or wine to help convince you to share 30-60 min of your time.

Of course! I'm in Benicia. PM me and we'll work something out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke