Gen 2.5 blew my engine, replacement engine prep question

BOPOH

Explorer
Hey voron, how did you get the bolt off from the alternator pulley?

My alternator pulley was barely moving, bearing on the shaft was completely stuck. I used impact wrench, but i believe there is a way fix it in place, because when you put it back you have to torque it pretty high.

I believe according to manual you should take the back part off first, then place it in vice and unscrew the nut - same in reverse to install

BOPOH

Explorer
Finally my truck is running now. Last couple days after installed was finished, i had horrible knock. I was afraid that tensioner gave up and i skipped timing somehow when i was installing torque converter bolts. Today i ran it for an hour, everything looks and sounds good. Well it's smoking and i keep adding engine oil. Engine temperature is stable, pressure respond good to revs, heater inside works good. No more strange sounds.

Is there anything else i should be checking and keeping eye on?

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Yes, that is great news BOPOH! Good for you man. Yup, just keep an eye on the temperature and oil pressure. You said it smokes? Is it burning off oil from the manifolds and exhaust? Every time I do an overhaul I wind up transferring residual oil from my hands to the exhaust pipes. Once they come up to temperature, it will burn off all the oil on the pipes and manifolds but usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour of engine operating temperatures.

If you are burning oil out of the exhaust, it may be time to do something about the valve seals.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Oh yeah, needless to say. Take good care of your cooling system too. It will take care of your truck. I see you decided to wait on re-installing the oil cooler. Definitely take care of that before summer gets under way.

BOPOH

Explorer
Thanks Jay, it smokes because i didn't have time to rebuild this engine so valves are probably bad plus it didn't for a while. I'll keep an eye for fluids, so far no leaks detected. Also when i get time i'll write more about my swapping experience.

By the way Jay how's everything going with Mk75 truck? were you able to use anything from that harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94