How about this for expedition travel

HINO SG

Adventurer
8x8's

Used ex-army MAN 8x8's used to be available in the UK and Germany in the $20-30k price range. That's probably less than it would cost do a full set of CV joints on that beast, never mind the fuel cost.

There's probably a reson even Paris-Dakar trucks are rarely even 6x6. Unless your payload is really large and heavy, it's just extra weight and complexity.

Nice truck, though. I wasn't aware of the status of the hybrid development.

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Oshkosh rigs rock! The company my grandfather founded produces all their metal products.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
UncleChris said:
Cool, can you get us a deal on one??!!:D

Ummmm... NO. My grandfather passed away about 8 years ago.. otherwise i sure we could get like 1% off!

CLynn85

Explorer
The HEMTT's are beasts. Very fun to drive although it feels quite odd hanging out over the front of it, especially when there's still 40 ft of it behind you:Wow1: .

I wouldn't mind a S&S FMTV though....

98dango

Expedition Leader
There is a guy on Pirate4x4.com that has one set up his execution is not the best but you get the idea check it out in the expo section over there

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Two just sold in the U.S. on Gov. liquidator's for around $11k each. They were not running, nor would they start. There's a listing in the classifieds.

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
very cool!!!!!! would love to. hope that hybrid gets better MPG then the ones i drive at work...
Picture_0012.jpg

100_2721.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online