Introduce my self and my build up story - MAN TGM 13.240 4x4 Offroad Truck

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Well...that was unfortunate. Glad no one was injured.

Of course, now you have an chance to upgrade to something stronger! :sombrero:

When stock parts break, don't just replace- upgrade :D

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
How would you improve on the original man cab? It's impossible for the aftermarket to replicate the huge budget and resources of a company like that.

Sorry to see these pictures, I hope that the insurers sort it out quickly.

Is it too early to know whether the chassis came away unscathed?

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
There are always ways to improve over the original, that's exactly what the aftermarket and custom work does.

What about pushing the front bumper a few inches out? From earlier pics it looks like the bumper sits almost behind the cab.

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
How would you improve on the original man cab? It's impossible for the aftermarket to replicate the huge budget and resources of a company like that.

Not the cab...improve the bumper and overhead rack. If the bumper and down tubes for the roof rack were stronger it would have prevented damage to the cab.

theburtseoni

Observer
That is one very nice looking truck so far!! I like it when a good plan comes all together!!

Whoops! I wrote this under an earlier post, and did not see the accident photos until I had already posted this. I am sorry to see what had happened to your truck, but thankful there were no injuries to anyone!

Perhaps you can add what we call a 'bull bar' type grill guard to the front of your truck that would protect you from animals on the road, or other inattentive or careless drivers. I am looking forward to seeing your continued progress- take cheer, all the damage can be repaired, and you can even add re-inforcements to your front bumper area of the truck.

Last edited:

GermanTurtle

Observer
Time is running so fast. The Story goes on.

The complete Drivers cabin has been replaced, the rack has been made new and as a goody i have replaced all plastic parts inside of the cabin and outside. So the car Looks like a factorynew truck.

We have also progressed in the build up. In the last 4 weeks we have made following installments:

1) The Roof has been covered by around 60% with 24 Volt solar Panels from Victron. So at all we have a 1200Wp capacity on the Roof, which will be the Primary Energie source for the car.

2) we have installed additional offroad led lights with a capacity of 10200 lumen !!! Each :) In Addition to this, the truck got Little surround field lights for difficult and narrow places. At total i have installed 4 side lights. each for the area around the wheel.

3) an air pressure System is installed which allows to deflate or inflate the tires Manual-automatic. So you just Need to pull out hoses from the tubes near the wheels and put them on the Special valves which allow a very fast filling for all tires in time. At the central unit you choose the pressure and all tires were adjusted to the chosen pressure. to connect the system to the trucks pressure system we used the Trailer Connection on the rear were we installet a hose with an connector. We did this, because we dont wanted to adjust the original air system and adding failure sources to the system. This way it is deconnected completly when you disconnect the plug. Another wy to give pressure to the tires is the additionally installed compressor in the outer storage box.

4) The additional compressor can be connected to the tire system or used for air tools. An air hose is installed also in the left storage box. I gues i will use it also for pumping up my kites to go Surfing :). By bridging the compressor to the central air system of the truck, you can also give pressure to the trucks airsystem in case of defect or engine Trouble, to release the brakes for beeing pulled.

5) a 3500W Generator is now delivering 230Volt to the board system in case of unavailable energy sources. And if necessary to drive tools for welding and Drilling if necessary.

6) A belt-basis (dont know how the english word is) for 2 additional belted seats is preinstalled to the shelter. Now we grind the shelter from insite to prepare it for beeing painted. Then we start with the installation of water tanks and tubes, electricity and furnitures.

7) The truck got 6 new tires and wheels. I have changed the wheels from 11-20 to 10-20 to have a bigger range of possible offroad tires up to 14.00R20. The truck was equiped with 365/80R20 on the 11-20, now it stands on 365/85R20 on 11-20. I got 6 brandnew tires for very low money so i decided to intall them even though i know this Format is not available world wide. I will change later to 14.00 R20 when new tires were needed. It came up for another 4 cm (1,5 Inch). But i recognized that the construction of the rear rack, would not fit to any other size than the original 365/80R20.

8) so we decided to replace the complete rack and build a new one now. Which is the actual subproject.

9) another freind is responsible for the furniture. We discussed the design and he came up with a sample upper cabinet. I like it very much. It Looks clean, bright and high-Quality.

10) The shelter got a new railing which has an intergated led beamer and a camera on each site and on the back also.

GermanTurtle

Observer
He said: It should be light, and there was light :Wow1:

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

(the trucks original light is on high beam!!! - just for comparison.

You are not able to look into the LED lights. it is just to bright!

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

GermanTurtle

Observer
4 + 5) Compressor, pressure system, hose box and generator in the left side box. still enough space for tools and other things

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

Last edited:

GermanTurtle

Observer
9) it is easier to discuss about design when you have something to put your Hands on. So Manfred came up with the first furniture sample:

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

they will be equiped with turn and lift locks from Southco (******* is this stuff expensive!! - i need 26 of these)

IMG_1658.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94