Pett WAG bags vs Reliance Double Duty bags.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Has anybody used both and can compair the two? Are they interchangeable in each other's toilets? Seen any deals on bags?

AndrewP

Explorer
Interchangeable.

The Reliance ones are better and cheaper. Plus they have a double seal on the outer bag. I get them at WalMart.

You don't get the tiny TP roll like you do in the Waggs, but it was too little and too thin anyway.

perkj

Explorer
You can get the military surplus PETT wag bags on ebay very very cheap in bulk. Only difference in the military bags come in green vs blue.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Or make your own...

One, gallon size heavy duty ziplock bag.
One, 30 gallon kitchen bag
2-3 cups of kitty litter. (The pretty smelling stuff is nice)

Put the cat litter into the kitchen bag. Place the kitchen bag inside the ziplock bag (evenly placing the kitty litter in the bottom of the kitchen bag and gently stuffing the remained of the kitchen bag into the ziplock) roll and compress the ziplock to remove all the air and and then zip it closed. Generally, if I make two bags for each day (morning and night), so for a five day trip...I make twelve bags...you never know. Anyway, depending on what toilet you have, you simply place the ziplock bag in the bottom of the toilet, open the ziplock and pull out the top of the kitchen bag (leaving the kitty litter bottom portion in the ziplock) and the place the top of the kitchen bag around the toilet seat to hold it in place. Do your business and then place the kitchen bag into the ziplock and zip it close. No mess, no smell and the kitty litter absorbs the solids and the fluids (depending on how many PBR long necks and burritos you consumed the night before) You can carry it inside the rig or in your trasharoo until you can place it in the trash. Happy trails.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Interchangeable.

The Reliance ones are better and cheaper. Plus they have a double seal on the outer bag. I get them at WalMart.

You don't get the tiny TP roll like you do in the Waggs, but it was too little and too thin anyway.
I was hoping the WAG bags sealed better but I have not seen one. At least one in 3 reliance bags don't seal air tight. Generally not a problem because I don't keep used ones in the van but it still stinks. I can seal them and still squeez a little air thru the seal. A pile of 4 or 5 bags smells like a pile. No pun intended lol. That's enough for me so how well or poorly do the WAG bag seal? Anybody smell them after they are used?

troyboy162

Adventurer
I would not keep a military wag bag in my vehicle once used. They seal fairly well but I have not seen anything else to compair it against. They smell much much better then they should but definitely not scent free by the end of the trip

perkj

Explorer
I would not keep a military wag bag in my vehicle once used. They seal fairly well but I have not seen anything else to compair it against. They smell much much better then they should but definitely not scent free by the end of the trip

What a trash-a-roo is for! :D

brentbba

Explorer
I had one leak once in the trasharoo. Awful mess but I could have kissed Mr. Druck for his wonderful product lol

Druck is to fugly to kiss, but I agree about the product!

WAAG bags don't seal well either! Back in '06 on a trip I kept the used WAAG bags in a sealed 5 gallon bucket (Home Depot orange bucket/lid) inside the truck - sealed bags in a sealed bucket - Never, ever did that again! Found a way to put it on my roof rack until the Roo came out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke