2015 Chevrolet Colorado is Motor Trend's 2015 Truck of the Year

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Thanks Larry that is the same intel I came up with on continued searching efforts. After having driven one I am really liking this truck. Interior is really much better then the comp and since they have ditched the torsion bars suspension should not be a problem in near future. I'm guessing lots of options soon. So that leaves gears and lockers which is why am reasearching. But I got time since I am most interested in the diesel. After having wanting and hoping for a small diesel truck here in the U.S. it's hard to not buy one even if it is in hopes to futher motivate the others to get in the game. Crazy logic I know but you bet toyota and nissan will be watching closely the diesel late summer.

I have time too, but very interested in seeing how this shakes out. For sure not doing a damn thing till the diesel shows up and I'm going to wait and see what Nissan rolls out given they will basically be last to the table after seeing all the cards being played. Nissan in theory will be in the best position to release a new Frontier that addresses everyones major complaints about the new GM and Toyota offering.

One thing is for sure if anyone is going to spend 40K on a well equipped 4x4 4dr truck they better have some nice interiors!!!! And good materials!!! LOL

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Yep it will be inteesting to see the new nissan but I do not think the diesel will happen before 2018. If it is a 2017 roll out on the new design you can bet on a year wait for diesel. The cummings will be sweet if it happens but nissan has a long way to go on the interior. They love all that cheap plastic paneling. They are well made trucks but really lack refinement. I have a feeling that the cummings name will sell more of those nissans then anything if it actually happens. Either way I am getting a new vehicle in 2015. It woul dbe nice to have another diesel in the driveway next to the ML350 bluetec.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Yep it will be inteesting to see the new nissan but I do not think the diesel will happen before 2018. If it is a 2017 roll out on the new design you can bet on a year wait for diesel. The cummings will be sweet if it happens but nissan has a long way to go on the interior. They love all that cheap plastic paneling. They are well made trucks but really lack refinement. I have a feeling that the cummings name will sell more of those nissans then anything if it actually happens. Either way I am getting a new vehicle in 2015. It woul dbe nice to have another diesel in the driveway next to the ML350 bluetec.

The global redesigned Frontier the BIG selling point being pitched by the top brass at the big launch was how refined the interior is compared to the prior generation. So it would not surprise me if Nissan steps up its efforts on that side of the program. That is if they see positive feedback on the nicer trimmed GMC Canyon and the new Tacoma's. If everyone is complaining because there aren't models with rubber mat floors and basic plastic seat covers then it could be the same old same old Nissan interiors with hard plastics etc.

But I don't really see that being the case. Toyota seems to have stepped up the new Taco Interior I can't see Nissan not taking interior stuff seriously at this point.

Thanks Larry that is the same intel I came up with on continued searching efforts. After having driven one I am really liking this truck. Interior is really much better then the comp and since they have ditched the torsion bars suspension should not be a problem in near future. I'm guessing lots of options soon. So that leaves gears and lockers which is why am reasearching. But I got time since I am most interested in the diesel. After having wanting and hoping for a small diesel truck here in the U.S. it's hard to not buy one even if it is in hopes to futher motivate the others to get in the game. Crazy logic I know but you bet toyota and nissan will be watching closely the diesel late summer.
I doubt Toyota is watching at all. They are convinced that the US market will never buy into a small diesel truck.
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_s...016-toyota-tacoma-chief-engineer-mike-sweers/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94