Francis Marion National Forest SC Day Trip

93burban

Observer
So more than 2 years later we finally ventured that way. Stopped at the Biggin Church Ruins and then headed down 402 towards Huger SC. Once past the boundaries of Francis Marion National Forest I saw a dirt road to the left and took it. You are correct when you said you can be here for hours and not get to all the roads. Amazing . Found a couple of nice camping spots . There were several closed roads as well. We exited and headed to one of our favorite restaurants, Mike & Olies Pizza over on Isle of Palms and then home.
A great day for sure. We will go back again

dmc1

Adventurer
So more than 2 years later we finally ventured that way. Stopped at the Biggin Church Ruins and then headed down 402 towards Huger SC. Once past the boundaries of Francis Marion National Forest I saw a dirt road to the left and took it. You are correct when you said you can be here for hours and not get to all the roads. Amazing . Found a couple of nice camping spots . There were several closed roads as well. We exited and headed to one of our favorite restaurants, Mike & Olies Pizza over on Isle of Palms and then home.
A great day for sure. We will go back again

Sounds great. I've been looking at the maps again so I can get that way again. Very nice area for sure. I'll post up when I get back that way. Just finished a trip up to Gorges State Park area right inside the NC line off of 26 and hwy 11. You should make the trip! Excellent area!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles