Share your story on the Expedition Portal Home Page

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It is truly inspiring to see how many great travel stories appear within the Expedition Portal forums. If you have a story you would like to not just share in an open thread, but also as a featured article on our home page, please shoot me an email. If your story is compelling, it might even be worthy of placement in Overland Journal.

Send inquiries to: christophe at overlandinternational dot com

Daveandles

daveandles
Hi Chris,

My wife and I completed a trip from UK to Thailand in 2014 and on the trip we has some great help from Michelin Tyres.

Firstly after traveling through West and Eastern Europe we arrived on the outskirts of Moscow and found we was in need of 2 new tyres (english spelling) I contacted Michelin UK who found me a distributor close to Moscow and when we arrived Michelin had already sent the replacement tyres, a little later they contacted me by email asking me to send them our vehicle weight and by return sent the suggested tyre pressures for our vehicle, a few months later on arrival in Thailand I contacted them again requesting there help to find a distributer in Thailand, not only did they find a supplier but the supplier said that Michelin has given me 70% discount ( a real discount not just talk/bull****) on 5 new tyres.
What a great company.

Dave and Lesley Goodchild
plodd.net

jjrraass

Rob and I just finished a video highlighting our family trip from Chicago to Moab. Family friendly trails and off roading. Let us know what you think.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jjrraass

Episode 2 in our family series. The Davis' depart the Ryan's and head back to Illinois but before stopping in Our and exploring Colorado.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Judoka

Learning To Live
What's it pay?

Sometimes people share their content, opinions, information and experiences here for free! I guess it is just our way of treating this forum as it is intended...A community of common minded folks sharing together what we love. Well, that has been my take on it at least for the past 8 years I have been on here. Then again I am just an amateur poster.:unsure:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Sometimes people share their content, opinions, information and experiences here for free! I guess it is just our way of treating this forum as it is intended...A community of common minded folks sharing together what we love. Well, that has been my take on it at least for the past 8 years I have been on here. Then again I am just an amateur poster.:unsure:

That's all well and good on the freebie forum.

Overland Journal is a commercial magazine.

finelch

I have many stories about traveling, but I am a Chinese and my English is not good .i feel a lot difficulty in express these stories.

Tomo

Hi Guy little taste of New Zealand for you from our summer break.
in the upper south island

Attachments

• Coopers creek hut in the Rainbow rs.JPG
    Coopers creek hut in the Rainbow rs.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 16
  • LakeTenyson 2 rs.JPG
    LakeTenyson 2 rs.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 15
  • LakeTenyson.JPG
    LakeTenyson.JPG
    460.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Rainbow -Molsworth rs.JPG
    Rainbow -Molsworth rs.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 14

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Part two of my three part series Arctic Adventures in a Vintage Land Cruiser is now live in TCT magazine . The article starts on page 41. I hope you enjoy the article and I look forward to your comments.

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Besides being a not native English speaker, I live in France.

So, would you be interested in the 1st place ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles