What did I just buy.

otiswesty

Regular guy
I have an injection pump off of a stock 300GD, 1984 or 1985 vintage, that was pulled off of a good running original om617 that came out of a diesel 460 for a turbo diesel transplant. I was holding on to it for a project that never materialized. PM me if you are interested. I can give you both the engine number it came off and the serial number on the pump if that helps.

otiswesty

Regular guy
om617 injection pump

Looks like 1982 production
from engine serial number 617931 12 001 153

Attachments

• InjPump.jpg
    InjPump.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20150117_134112742.jpg
    IMG_20150117_134112742.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20150117_134556994.jpg
    IMG_20150117_134556994.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 45

RussK

Observer
Well I just got back my G, I took it to a shop to get it running. It cost me a arm, leg and my 1st born LOL.
they had to replace the injector pump and a few other items, now it starts right up and purrs.:wings: well it purrs as good a diesel can anyways.
Now I can get to the rest of the stuff it needs.
Time to order parts

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Well I just got back my G, I took it to a shop to get it running. It cost me a arm, leg and my 1st born LOL.
they had to replace the injector pump and a few other items, now it starts right up and purrs.:wings: well it purrs as good a diesel can anyways.
Now I can get to the rest of the stuff it needs.
Time to order parts

To what shop did you take it? Curious.

RussK

Observer
To what shop did you take it? Curious.
I took it to the shop you told me about in Chamblee, nice guys and did a great job.
Like you said they are not cheap, but they are very knowledgeable.

Getting it running was worth it.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I took it to the shop you told me about in Chamblee, nice guys and did a great job.
Like you said they are not cheap, but they are very knowledgeable.

Great guys. I've been dealing with Hans since 1974 or 1975.

RussK

Observer
Glad to hear you got it running well. It is a nice motor for off road and on the back roads

I really haven't driven it yet, its still on the trailer getting ready to go to work for me to finish making it road worthy.
I don't expect this thing to be a speed demon since I thing it has something like a 4.88 gear, that's almost as low as my tractor.

RussK

Observer
Now that I have it running, I'm waiting on some parts to make it road worthy.

You can see how much we had to clean it.:Wow1:

Still up on which tires to buy, want same wheels but maybe up a size from the 215/85-16s that are on it now.:safari-rig:

waiting on wheel cylinders, oil sender, head light switch....the list goes on

RussK

Observer
I decided to keep the OE size on the tires,
got a great deal on all 5, and while replacing them I went ahead and repainted all the wheels and center caps it made it look so much better.
I replaced the headlight switch, rear wheel cylinders, doing the fluids (trans, transfer case, diffs tomorrow) , after that its road worthy ....oh I still have to replace them ugly white double wipers. Will post pics soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier