Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Based on the exsistence of this thread along with my experience is not giving me much confidence in ArkPak.

dstock

Explorer
I sent you an e-mail with this but thought I'd post this as well.

I am currently located in Florida USA Eastern time zone. The battery I have is a lead acid battery that the Interstate battery dealer tested and confirmed good and charged .

After I connected the battery to the Ark Pak and plugged in the charger the display showed a discharge cycle with 12.4 volts. After an hour the display showed the Alarm check battery message.

The battery is an Interstate SRM-29 rated at 98 amp hours.

When I installed the battery and programmed the Ark Pak I used the 100 amp option. Since the battery is 98 amps could that be the issue causing the alarm ?

Just curious, when the dealer tested and said it was "charged and good" what was the battery voltage? Also, have you used a multi-meter to confirm the voltage?

I had Sears try to tell me my battery was "good" and it was far from it.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes I tested the battery. After putting it back in the ArkPak the charger went into the discharge cycle until the alarm.

I'm very disappointed that in it's first use this ArkPak does not work.

Has anyone tried charging a battery from a cigarette lighter plug to the battery? I now need to figure out how to charge this battery when I get back on the road a a couple of days .

dstock

Explorer
Yes I tested the battery. After putting it back in the ArkPak the charger went into the discharge cycle until the alarm.

I'm very disappointed that in it's first use this ArkPak does not work.

Has anyone tried charging a battery from a cigarette lighter plug to the battery? I now need to figure out how to charge this battery when I get back on the road a a couple of days .

Curious what the voltage was when you tested it? Was it 12.7-12.8?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
yes

I see this trend to blame the new battery and the Ark pak is infallible. Still no Brett .

dstock

Explorer
yes

I see this trend to blame the new battery and the Ark pak is infallible. Still no Brett .

Wasn't trying to blame anything, or say the Ark pak is infallible, was just curious. I don't have one myself, was just trying to help as I have been through a whole host of battery/split charging issues with other batteries and products.

Stepping away...good luck.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Ark pak

Still nothing from Brett. The battery charge will not go over 12.5 volts.

Attachments

• IMG_20150420_134815_353.jpg
    IMG_20150420_134815_353.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150421_163153_571.jpg
    IMG_20150421_163153_571.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20150422_084741_632.jpg
    IMG_20150422_084741_632.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 41

Raul B

Explorer
I have been using my arkpak for over a year now with no problems. I'm running a deep cycle auto zone battery in it. I'll charge it with both the 12v and household plug.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hi Mike

you may have a faulty cell / dropped cell in your 12 volt battery as mentioned this alarm comes up because the battery is not reaching 12.8 volts after being on charge for 25 hours, are you charging it and have another item plugged in taking power from it at the same time ?

you can email me your contact details to brett@arkcorporation.com please tell me the state you are located in and the best time to call you and i will put aside some time and call you to help you get thru this.

look forward to getting your email so i can call you

Regards

Brett from Ark

Still no word from Brett going on 10 days now. I ran down the battery using it to run my fridge overnight. I plugged in the ArkPak into the 12 volt lighter plug to charge while I drove and 12 hours later still 11.7 volts. Now how do I send this back ?

Last edited:

Raul B

Explorer
Still no word from Brett going on 10 days now. I ran down the battery using it to run my fridge overnight. I plugged in the ArkPak into the 12 volt lighter plug to charge while I drove and 12 hours later still 11.7 volts. Now how do I send this back ?
Have you tried a different type of battery?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
No The battery I have has been tested twice and has passed each test. I'll post the printout indicating the battery pass. Besides why would I buy a second battery when the ArkPak is not doing anything that it is advertised to do?

And Brett promising to get back on this but has been hiding for the past 10 days leads me to think it is an Arkpak issue. It should be quite simple, plug it in and the battery charges and should stay charged .

Raul B

Explorer
No The battery I have has been tested twice and has passed each test. I'll post the printout indicating the battery pass. Besides why would I buy a second battery when the ArkPak is not doing anything that it is advertised to do?

And Brett promising to get back on this but has been hiding for the past 10 days leads me to think it is an Arkpak issue. It should be quite simple, plug it in and the battery charges and should stay charged .
OK. I have been using mine for over a year with a auto zone marine deep cycle battery and it has worked great. It keeps my fridge running for almost 4 days on a full charge. Maybe you just got a bad unit.

vati kaki

Observer
dbe388291e350947cfcbf3ffd941e306.jpg
Try contact them in aus

lekka by die dam

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
This is the original post from ARKPAK

Hi to all

i just wanted to advise that if any one has questions or queries about the Ark pak that you are most welcome to post them up, there has been a thread started in the camping equipment section of this forum, but i thought it would be best to also put up a thread in this section as well.

so please ask away.

Regards

Brett from Arkpak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles