Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Mike

i am sorry that you have waited so long for a reply, the reason for the delay in i was at a work event early last week and then late last week i have been sick and today is my first day back at work.

can you please send me an email to brett@arkcorporation.com what you need to include is your address a contact phone i would like to have your unit picked up and send out a replacement under warranty for you.

look forward to your email.

Regards

Brett from Ark

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hope you are feeling better. I sent you your requested information.

A couple of questions.

Should'nt the Arkpak have charged via the 12 volt cigarette light plug?

How long should it take to recharge the 100 amp hour battery from 11.7 volts to 12.9 ?

Thanks

Ed B

Adventurer
Mep, Have had the ArkPak for a while now and it has worked as expected for me. Glad to see that your issue seems to be getting resolved. I have found that charging the battery via 12 volt isn't the most efficient way to charge the battery. Per the web site the battery charges at 6 amps per running hour via 12 volt plug. I always start with the battery at 100 percent before a trip. I plug it into the vehicle's 12 volt and plug my refrigerator into the ArkPark. Driving for several hours will keep the ArkPak topped off. When camped I charge the ArkPk with with solar panels and have gone for several days without issue, charging several electronic devices. Hope to hear a better experience with your replacement.

Ed

dstock

Explorer
12.5 isn't great.

While you are waiting for your replacement Arkpak, I would suggest putting the battery on different charger and see if you can get it back to 12.7-12.8. Then let it sit for at least 12 hours with no load on it and check the voltage again, it should still be the same. If it's dropping down you may have to go through a drain/charge recovery cycle to get it back up to snuff.

Lots of threads on this issue, just went through something similar with a pair of Diehard Platinum batteries and was able to recover them.

classic72

Overlander
Curious if anyone has any suggestions keeping it secure in a truck bed without drilling the bed? I hate to put holes in my bed for something I use 5-6 times a year. Ratchet straps are still pretty sloppy and it moves around.

Raul B

Explorer
Curious if anyone has any suggestions keeping it secure in a truck bed without drilling the bed? I hate to put holes in my bed for something I use 5-6 times a year. Ratchet straps are still pretty sloppy and it moves around.
You could always cut a piece of plywood a Lil bigger than the arkpak and still into that.

dstock

Explorer
That's great on the battery front!

Would be curious to see what the ArkPak reads now if you were to put it back in, if it will immediately go into discharge mode.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Guys

just wanted to say its great to see other users helping out and providing there own little tips of how they use there Ark Pak, this is really great to see other people sharing information and experiences.

it really is great work guys and girls please keep it up.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke