ExPo 70 Series Registry

SOFME

Observer
Hello everyone. I'm currently living in Japan and will be heading back to the states in 2016. I'm am looking to buy a 70 series to bring with me. Production date must be before August 91'. I want a 4door with diesel motor and MT. What mechanical
Issues are common. Also, input on common rust areas would be appreciated.

77cruiser77

Observer
welcome Phil. Good shots of your rig. Did you have those toyos on when we did Mara lookout? Been working on mine steadily and look forward to some future adventures.

fireball

Explorer
EXPO 70 Series Registry

Don't keep us waiting Scott. :)

Saw some pretty cool pics on Facebook, nice to see you didn't waste any time getting her out there!

Last edited:

Phil in BC

welcome Phil. Good shots of your rig. Did you have those toyos on when we did Mara lookout? Been working on mine steadily and look forward to some future adventures.

Hi Erik. Yes I had the toyo's on for the Mara trip. We still need to go do the Whipsaw whenever your ready. I tried to get up top Petipiece pass in the fall but the road was washed out so I stopped there. I was by myself, it was getting dark and I was hauling the trailer. I think I could have made it but without another truck around I didnt try. Maybe this summer I'll have another go at that one!

77cruiser77

Observer
I'll be here ready for that trip. Got a few more additions to my rig and still working on installing more so I'm excited to explore BC this summer.

boozewz

Observer
Here's mine

2014 HZJ79 with a 1HZ and factory FF and RR diff locks, running 9.00R16 Michelin XL (36.5") pizza cutters.

boozewz

Observer
Oh man, that looks mean on the XLs. Nice truck!

Thanks Scott…those XL's were hard to source. I actually wanted the XZL's but that would have meant robbing a bank to pay for it!

Wow....nice rig! Details on the ARB light inserts? Were they modified or is it something that is now available?

Cheers

Cheers Mako…I ordered those light inserts from Main Line Overland. Solid product. They make the bracket/housing, and bolt in Rigid Dually LED's in place. Real quality work. You just have to remove the plastic ARB inserts, place the new housing in there, and drill holes in the bumper for the new bolts. This fits on all ARB bumper insert slots

http://mainlineoverland.com/?shopp_category=lighting-products

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks Scott…those XL's were hard to source. I actually wanted the XZL's but that would have meant robbing a bank to pay for them.

Awesome truck!

I used to run XLs on a 2500 I owned. They had amazing grip, even when worn down to almost nothing. There is a Chinese knock of of the XZL made by Yellow Sea. They are a 255/100R16 (9.00-16) and only cost around $250 per tire.

Mako1114

Adventurer
Thanks Scott…those XL's were hard to source. I actually wanted the XZL's but that would have meant robbing a bank to pay for it!

Cheers Mako…I ordered those light inserts from Main Line Overland. Solid product. They make the bracket/housing, and bolt in Rigid Dually LED's in place. Real quality work. You just have to remove the plastic ARB inserts, place the new housing in there, and drill holes in the bumper for the new bolts. This fits on all ARB bumper insert slots

http://mainlineoverland.com/?shopp_category=lighting-products

Those inserts are legit!

Cheers

jano_mariano

Good evening/morning (depending on where you are), I chose this thread to put my first ever post here.

Name- I still don't have a name for her yet...

Year/Model- 1984 BJ70V

Country of import- It was bought locally by an American Navy lieutenant (so it's an original left hand drive version)

Kms/Miles- about 220,000 KM's

Options/Specs- (sadly the previous owner changed the engine and tranny with something from a BJ44) 3.2 NA 2B engine and a 4 speed manual transmission, stock 4.11 diffs and manual locking hubs

Mods- new leaf springs and extended shackles, new front seats from a mercedes benz, custom steel front and rear bumpers, 4 Hella Comet 500's (2 driving and 2 fog lights), 15x9 alloy rims, 25 mm wheel spacer, removed the factory step boards and replaced it with steel tubular steps, 1 rear backing/work light, 33x12.5 Bridgestone MT 673's, internal roll bar and custom tool boxes/ storage boxes, replace factory jump seats with a front facing seat from a CJ, a JDM roof rack and a tow hitch from a series 200 land cruiser.

Plans- a bit sluggish onroad so I might go down a bit on the tires, maybe a 32x11.5, a snorkel, and a winch.

Attachments

• 20141214_114415.jpg
    20141214_114415.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 10418529_4949367228241_8873483459871041834_n.jpg
    10418529_4949367228241_8873483459871041834_n.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste