OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

FastGlass

Adventurer
Very nice! Mind posting a nighttime shot of those Speakers after you set them up? I have to wait for Christmas to open mine and I'm pretty excited to see what the difference vs. stock will be.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Followed your build on another site, glad to see it here. My brother is in NJ and I told him to stop in to see the Jeep, he's considering Tank. Love the bottle opener, can't decide on advertising or plain, thanks for the idea.

Last edited:

FastGlass

Adventurer
Yup, Rin...Another big fan of the strategic bottle opener, and location. And I don't even drink. Side note: when I did, Dogfish...Sam C and Co., were some of my faves. Being down there a ways, have you ever stopped into their main brewpub and met him? I still brew a lot, and always thought going to see the place would make for a fun trip.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Thanks man and yeah tell him to come check it out in person without salesman pressure haha. The bottle opener I was going to go plain, but the fact it was a similar green and one of my favorite brews I had no choice.

rino

Yup, Rin...Another big fan of the strategic bottle opener, and location. And I don't even drink. Side note: when I did, Dogfish...Sam C and Co., were some of my faves. Being down there a ways, have you ever stopped into their main brewpub and met him? I still brew a lot, and always thought going to see the place would make for a fun trip.

I have visited the brewery a few times and also the pickle shack in NYC. Awesome stuff! My new hobby/fixation is two Vermont micro brews Hill Farmstead and Alchemist, really exciting things happening up north.

I have gotten into brewing myself in the last year, but I need to make time to perfect the art. haha, if you need some parts in the future and want to barter some brews feel free to contact me. :coffeedrink:

Also I will be sure to snap some night shots of the JWS Evo2's this weekend. They are much brighter then my previous 8700's and 6145 combo. The only thing is the slight delay between high to low beam. Nothing deal breaker though.

rino

Test fit my hood for paint and installed the hinges... progress! haha :)

50F525C3-972B-4874-91D0-8977CBB363A1_zpsnkbqh3en.jpg

The trick to not crack the bolt paint :ylsmoke:

70DBCDDE-EF82-476C-8945-BB4E8BAFC486_zps4yfvmf1d.jpg

B68F8905-86EA-4C19-8701-A85B4558365A_zps8gl7pfzg.jpg

47562CBD-F96A-4A44-87B3-B6F34D6F0E08_zpsdqqs4lwk.jpg

rino

For the last few weeks I have kicked around lighting options. On my previous setup, a Baja Designs ONX 15" I felt fit perfectly with the AEV tubeless bumper and I was very happy with the light output.

But with my new AEV bumper with the "tube'', I really was looking for a light that resembled the classic two driving light look with the output of an LED light. Basically I took a good amount of inspiration from a good friends Commando JKUR. Thanks Joe! :)

69635731-c0c7-4fdf-871c-f169a767ff4f_zps340f458f.png

As far as options on the market that fit the bill, there is a few lights that I compiled.

Visionx67_zpsb7ac55b9.jpg

1) VisionX 6.7" 50W Cannon LED Lights
Number of LED's : 2
Total Raw Lumens: 6400lm

I have personally used the lights many times on our shop red JKUR, they have a VERY tight beam without covers. With the addition of covers you can change the beam and color easily. However I'm not crazy about appearance with covers and the light output is "okay" and a price tag of $439ea.

HELLALED4000_zps8a05c9e9.jpg

2) HELLA Rallye 4000 LED Lights
Number of LED's : 6
Total Raw Lumens: N/A

We have used these lights on several builds, they look awesome and perform just like you would expect from HELLA. A textbook driving beam with okay output but nothing that will blow your socks off and a price tag of $699ea.

ARBUSA_zps179f5f02.jpg

3) ARB Intensity LED Lights
Number of LED's : 64
Total Raw Lumens: 16400lm

The holy grail of LED round lights? Possibly, these lights are a work of art and have an "intense" output that really kicks ***. However I'm not too crazy about the red rings and the price tag of $764ea. But with the highest output and an awesome package they were hard not to pick!

rino

To eliminate the red rings of the ARB AR32's, I decided to color match them "TANK" while I was painting the hood. I haven't seen any re-painted yet, but I think they should look pretty rad!

A8BCB984-0786-4B65-9B0E-81D826B892DD_zpsjwculm0d.jpg

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Thanks man and yeah tell him to come check it out in person without salesman pressure haha. The bottle opener I was going to go plain, but the fact it was a similar green and one of my favorite brews I had no choice.

Great looking Jeep, I'm really enjoying your build. Just as an FYI, rumor has it that the door latch catches on the Wrangler were specifically designed to open beer bottles. Now whether they were designed that way or not, I can confirm that it works very well.

fireball

Explorer
Great idea on painting those loud red surrounds. Not that I'm going to drop $1500 bucks on aux lights anytime soon, but if I were in the market the ARB loud bling bright red would've been a deal killer. I bet they'll look awesome painted. Are they just plastic? Since they're protected by the clear shield I imagine a decent paint job will hold up really well.

FastGlass

Adventurer
Rin, I'm sitting here literally about to pull the trigger on a pair of floods of these ARBs. Have you installed them yet? I'm looking to put them to the Spod, or possibly the winch (the Zeon 10-s plat has two hookups for aux accessories). Do You know if I need this special harness they're selling from ARB to use these or can I wore it up directly to the Spod/Winch? You're rig is looking great...will be nice to see it with these mounted up....especially considering your Jeeps color :)

rino

Haha they do work well, breaking a bottle glass in a dim lit camp has pushed me back to conventional methods haha.

Thanks for the good words about the build, my goal is to not only show what parts I'm using but why. There is always a lot of smoke and mirrors in our industry and we at OK4WD only support and sell brands that we believe are the best and own ourselfs. Hopefully this helps people with future build plans get a real idea and un-staged photos of some awesome products.

rino

Great idea on painting those loud red surrounds. Not that I'm going to drop $1500 bucks on aux lights anytime soon, but if I were in the market the ARB loud bling bright red would've been a deal killer. I bet they'll look awesome painted. Are they just plastic? Since they're protected by the clear shield I imagine a decent paint job will hold up really well.

Thanks man! Yes they are only plastic trim / lens retainers and I hope the clear protector shields them from rock chips.

rino

Rin, I'm sitting here literally about to pull the trigger on a pair of floods of these ARBs. Have you installed them yet? I'm looking to put them to the Spod, or possibly the winch (the Zeon 10-s plat has two hookups for aux accessories). Do You know if I need this special harness they're selling from ARB to use these or can I wore it up directly to the Spod/Winch? You're rig is looking great...will be nice to see it with these mounted up....especially considering your Jeeps color :)

Thanks, I can't wait to pick them up hopefully tomorrow!

I will be running these to my Spod, with my Spod I will have them setup for either keyed power or high beam activation. Because of the ease of activation on the Spod versus having to reach and use the wireless Warn remote. (Which is awesome BTW, I got to mess with it at SEMA).

If you are thinking of making the plunge feel free to email me and I will take good care of you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94