OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I like your philosophy a lot. I would love to do a more comprehensive build of my Jeep, but it's hard to justify the expense and loss of day to day functionality for going camping a handful of times per year and off-roading four or five times. As cool as all of this is, I have to temper my enthusiasm with reality. My Jeep is primarily a daily driver and I have to remember that. So for now I just live vicariously through folks like you. One day I'll have more time to dedicate to overlanding, and then it's on like Donkey Kong! Thanks for posting.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Nice! Subscribe! I just bought the same jeep !! Tank auto... But 4.10 gear

Awesome and welcome to the club! what plans do you have for yours?

I would have ordered 4.10s but I plan to regear in the future for the addition of 37"s and thought I could manage in the meantime.
If you are planning to run 35"s you made a very wise choice!

rino

I like your philosophy a lot. I would love to do a more comprehensive build of my Jeep, but it's hard to justify the expense and loss of day to day functionality for going camping a handful of times per year and off-roading four or five times. As cool as all of this is, I have to temper my enthusiasm with reality. My Jeep is primarily a daily driver and I have to remember that. So for now I just live vicariously through folks like you. One day I'll have more time to dedicate to overlanding, and then it's on like Donkey Kong! Thanks for posting.

I totally understand haha, this Jeep is my one and only vehicle and daily driver. That's why my mods are reliability based and only get installed on Mondays. (day off, fiancé works) :) ..... Or so I tell myself. Haha

FastGlass

Adventurer
Hey Rin, How do you run those via the Spod and High beams? Do you mean you splice the factory harness so that when you flick the high beams on, these pop on too? i can't do that legally out here, but I'd like to figure out a way to have the BD Squadron LEDS I'm using as fogs come on if fog lights are turned on as normal, AND switched for if I want to use them with high beams in the woods...
PS...Trigger pulled :) I got both floods. I used Amazon points or I'd have taken you up on that for sure! Hopefully will fit under the hoop E1 uses on the trail bumper. Specs say they will. I'll be using BD Squadron XL-rs on the A pillars in a driving combo and the BD arc 50 spot/combo up high and wanted to saturate the trail up closer for speeds under ~10mph or so. I PMd you a msg regarding something you mentioned a while back too..just fyi. You'll def be hearing from me this spring regarding a Baroud RTT!

Last edited:

rino

Hey Rin, How do you run those via the Spod and High beams? Do you mean you splice the factory harness so that when you flick the high beams on, these pop on too? i can't do that legally out here, but I'd like to figure out a way to have the BD Squadron LEDS I'm using as fogs come on if fog lights are turned on as normal, AND switched for if I want to use them with high beams in the woods...
PS...Trigger pulled :) I got both floods. I used Amazon points or I'd have taken you up on that for sure! Hopefully will fit under the hoop E1 uses on the trail bumper. Specs say they will. I'll be using BD Squadron XL-rs on the A pillars in a driving combo and the BD arc 50 spot/combo up high and wanted to saturate the trail up closer for speeds under ~10mph or so. I PMd you a msg regarding something you mentioned a while back too..just fyi. You'll def be hearing from me this spring regarding a Baroud RTT!

Awesome! I'm not sure about local laws from state to state, but I wired a switch on my Spod to change forward lighting from being a keyed source to a high beam activation for my bumper lights and BD squadron fogs on back roads. I tapped into the JWSpeaker headlight harness for the signal post capacitor. This way preventing chopping the OEM harness.

spod3_zps0f47107e.jpg

That is a crazy lighting setup btw! We recently installed a JK 50" ONX6 kit and got to see it in action at our fall off-road event at night, WOW! Haha it is like stadium lighting.

Also I just noticed I had a PM, thank you! :)

rino

And I might have something "TANK" inspired up my sleeve for a James Baroud tent, I'll keep you posted!

FastGlass

Adventurer
And I might have something "TANK" inspired up my sleeve for a James Baroud tent, I'll keep you posted!

That's just crazy talk right there, that's what that is! Would certainly be next leveling the build...more. That's gonna be one slick Jeep.

rino

ON your SPOD - are the switches Double throw contura? (i.e. On-off-on?)

Yes, the first two on the left are on-off-on. The furthest left switch is an IPF style reverse light switch and the second is the forward facing light control. The following two switches are on-off and the upper amber light illuminates when the light is on.

rlynch356

Defyota
Just so i understand what you did :)

(From left)
Switch 1 - reverse light is SPOD and wired to the reverse circuit ( a relay here? via the IPF wiring harness? ) - would require a wiring run
Switch 2 is SPOD and wired to the headlight high beams (using another relay here outside of the SPOD)
Switch 3-5 Normal SPOD hook up
Switch 6 (Winch) is MOM-off-MOM and wired directly to the Winch solenoid

very cool setup - am i right?

rino

Just so i understand what you did :)

(From left)
Switch 1 - reverse light is SPOD and wired to the reverse circuit ( a relay here? via the IPF wiring harness? ) - would require a wiring run
Switch 2 is SPOD and wired to the headlight high beams (using another relay here outside of the SPOD)
Switch 3-5 Normal SPOD hook up
Switch 6 (Winch) is MOM-off-MOM and wired directly to the Winch solenoid

very cool setup - am i right?

All the relays used were internal to the Spod, I will explain better tomorrow with a diagram :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior